Elixir: A Covenant Novella

Elixir - Jennifer L. Armentrout Guys!! Seriously, I didn't think I could possibly have more love for Aiden after reading Deity, but once again I have been proven wrong. WAY wrong!! I have a total undying massive love for Aiden more than it should be okay to love a fictional character. I don't know if it's just me and I am an overly emotional person, but this book had me in complete emotional turmoil. Pretty much from the beginning to the end there were tears in my eyes for one reason or another. This short novella sure packs a punch! It is touching, intense, sad, and also happy in ways. So this is from Aiden's POV and OMG does it hit every single emotion deep down into your soul. The writing of course is amazing and every thought, every touch, every line that comes out of Aiden's mouth just had me on a total emotional ride. You could so easily feel everything that he felt. I could feel myself slowly breaking apart with him. He is so fierce and determined to do what he needs to in order to protect Alex. His worst fear is losing her. He won't let that happen no matter what. I already loved Aiden, but I can't even tell you how much more I do now. Alex has awakened and has lost herself to Seth's control, but if he finds her and transfers her power to him that is a very, very bad thing. They need to find a way to get the real Alex back because she is now a threat. The Gods are on the verge of starting an all out war already and are not very happy to wait around and try to find a solution on how to sever the bond between the Apollyons. The intense emotional battle that Aiden endures while trying to keep Alex safe and to get through to the real her was heart wrenching. I literally felt like my heart was being ripped out. I wanted to scream at Alex and tell her that I knew the real her was there. That she is a fighter and she can't let Seth win. I had to take little breaks to compose myself. This may only be a short novella, but the content inside holds as much if not more emotion than most full length novels. If you are a fan of this series and have read Deity, you NEED to read this book. Fair warning though, it will leave you crazy needing Apollyon upon finishing.