Blurred (Kissed by Death)

Blurred - Tara A. Fuller I thought that I loved the first book, Inbetween, but this one was absolutely amazing!! I loved Cash and Anaya's story. This was even more full of tension and heartbreak than Finn and Emma's story. I was immersed in it, and I had to know where things were going. Admittedly, I did figure out something early on, but not to worry, it's revealed shortly after that anyways. I was almost cursing my perceptiveness, but it did not distract from the story at all. I found that I was able to get more easily lost in their story. I could feel the desperation of the situation. I also loved that Emma and Finn were still a big part of it, but it wasn't about them.Cash was a bit tough to read. He is just hurting so much, both physically and emotionally. I loved him in the first book, and in this one I came to love him even more. I wanted nothing more than for him to be happy. I didn't want him to have to go through what he was going through. I know that is vague, but I don't want to spoil anything. As his heart is breaking over Emma, he is also slowly falling for Anaya even though it's the last thing he wants to do. He has a lot of hurt and anger that he is holding inside too. He is having a hard time letting go and excepting things. He is angry at life in general and it's very emotionally taxing to read, but I loved it.Anaya was a character who I didn't really know what to think of in the first book, but came to love her in this one. She's been working as a reaper for a very long time with the promise of her happily ever after, or Heaven. She just needs to do this one last job for her boss and then he will let her go. She finds out that it's not all that simple. Though Balthazar didn't lie to her, he has left out a lot of information. She knows better than to defy him, but she also wants to do what's right. Cash becomes more than just a job to her, and in the end there are no easy decisions. Anaya is tough and she is a good soul. I really loved getting to know her better.Of course there is romance, and it was one that I loved. The last person you would think Cash would fall for would be a Reaper since a reaper was the one who stole Emma's heart. Anaya is different though. He feels like he is drawn to her. Maybe because she is the warmth and the safety in a cold and painful world, but he feels like it's more than that. He can't get her out of his head. She has been waiting a thousand years to be with her true love again, but Cash seems to be getting to her. She wants to keep him safe, but on top of that, she is starting to have feelings for him. She feels like she is betraying her past and her love, but Cash makes her feel like she hasn't in a long time. They both fight their growing attraction. It's very tension filled. It's not the typical slow burn romance. In fact it's laced with sadness, anger, and also hope. There is a lot of emotion that goes into their romance.This was just amazing and I loved it!! I fell right back into the world, and I loved getting to know these characters better. I felt a lot of emotion while reading this book, but in a good way. This one was very dark, and I felt a tightness in my chest throughout a lot of it. I have become very invested in these characters. All of them. The secondary characters are awesome too. I can't wait for more of this series. I can only hope that next up we get Easton's story!! This was fabulous!!* An advanced copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I did not receive any compensation.