A Little Too Far

A Little Too Far - Lisa Desrochers I'm a big fan of forbidden romance and New Adult books, but religion is something that I tend to stay away from. Despite that, I was still very curious about this book and knew I had to read it. What a great decision that was!! The religious aspects didn't bother me at all. It wasn't preachy, it's just part of the story. This was Sexy, fun, and slightly heartbreaking at times. It was a perfect mix of everything that makes up a good New Adult book. Oh, and there is relatively low drama considering the issues at hand. Friends, family, love, and sacrifice are all things we see in this book and I really, really enjoyed it!Lexie was a fun character to get to know. She is hilariously funny at times and I found myself smiling and laughing through a lot of the book. She was a little obsessive at times too, but even though I couldn't understand her situation, I did understand her feelings. Love is tough thing. It totally consumes you. I get that she was completely wrapped up in her feelings no matter how much she tried to ignore them. I thought it was great to see her getting lost in other things while abroad in Rome. She really wanted to do good things. Right things. When she finds herself in another not so great situation, she needs to decide what she has to do. Even if it hurts her or others, she knows what is right and wrong, and what decision is being selfish on her part. She really grew a lot as a character. Rome was exactly what she needed. She found great friends, found herself, and found her direction.The romance in this book is really tension filled, and really sexy!! Of course, you know from the synopsis that she gets all hot and heavy with her step brother, Trent. Totally forbidden, and totally mind blowing!! They know that it's wrong, but they can't seem to stop wanting the other. Even with a whole continent between them. They both try to get over it and move on, but it's harder than they think. They thing they are doing the other a favor, while really they are both hurting inside. But what about their family. They don't want to destroy that. The family aspect in this is fantastic. Loving and supportive parents who are happy to have children that love each other. Only they don't know how much or in what way they love each other.Then there is the budding romance with the soon to be Priest. I thought that the chemistry between them was amazing. He was such an amazing friend and he was there for her when she needed someone. He keeps her busy with a museum tour which she finds she loves doing. He becomes a fantastic friend, but it's obvious that his feeling run deeper. He belongs to the Church though, and he is definitely forbidden. When things start to change between them, they both need to decide where their hearts really lie and if they will make decisions that they will regret.This has not one, but two forbidden romances and it was done so well!! It's not a love triangle though, I promise. There is so much more to it than that though. It's not like they have a bad home life. In fact their parents are really great. Then, over in Rome, it isn't some one night stand or crazy fling. She gets to know Reverend Moretti well and they have a strong friendship. Both love interests are based on a friendship and that's what makes it so believable and also so hard. I can't tell you who I wanted her to pick or how it ends up, but I think that it was true to the story and who Lexie is as a person. This was everything that I love in a great New Adult book.*An advanced copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I did not receive any compensation.