Requiem

Requiem - I really loved the first two books in this series, so I was really excited about how it would all end. I wanted to love this book, I really did, but it was very blah for me. I don't know if it was the addition of Hana's POV or if the story just lacked for me in this final installment, but I didn't love it. That's not to say that I didn't like it because I did like certain aspects of it, but as a whole I was a bit disappointed.Lena annoyed me a lot in this book. I understand that things are a bit complicated now with Alex back in the picture, but they are pretty much on the verge of an all out war and she is so consumed with Alex and her feelings for him and her feelings about Julian that I felt she was being so incredibly selfish and immature at times. She is no doubt a tough girl, especially after everything she has been though and learned, but I wish that she had let more of that strength and bravery out more often. It was like she was too busy feeling sorry for herself, and trying to make Alex jealous to do what needed to be done until the last minute.Now Hana is a character who I didn't really care for much anyways, but this book did her no favors. I understand why we needed her POV to understand the other side of things and not just the resistance, but I thought that a lot of it was just filler stuff and not necessary. I did enjoy getting to know certain things and how the stories came together eventually, but I didn't really need to go through the details of the dinners and wedding planning and such. Yes, there were some important details put in there, but I would have been happy with a little less of Hana's POV. It didn't seem to move the story along as much as Lena's did.So obviously things get a bit intense in this one. The regulators are now coming down even harder on the resistance, we uncover all sorts of secrets, and we are dealing with a lot of personal drama. Besides that there is some great action, and I did like where the story went, but I didn't really feel any of the emotion that I felt in the first two books. Where in the first two books my emotions were on level ten, this book had them barely hovering above a one. I wasn't as invested in the characters as I wanted to be. And that ending?! Seriously I kind of wanted to throw the book out the window when I finished. I was really sad that this book had me feeling so underwhelmed being that this was previously one of my favorite series. I just felt very disconnected with this one, and I wanted more of a resolution at the end.