In a Fix

In a Fix - Linda Grimes I will start by telling you, this is not a YA book, it is an adult series. It is an action/thriller with fantasy elements to it and it was fantastic!! This book had a great storyline, plenty of action, and takes you on quite the adventure. I thought it was a creative and fun story and had to know what would happen in the end. Most of the characters were really awesome and I love getting to know them.Ciel has her own business helping people solve their problems by adopting their aura's and standing in for them. It's good money (when she get's paid) and she likes doing things on her own and not having to answer to anyone else. She does rent her brother's condo and rent office space from him, but it's her own business and she likes it. She was likable for the most part, but there were times when I was really annoyed at how stupid she could really be and the bad decisions that she makes. She's ballsy for sure and has some pretty bad ass moments, but I just could help but be irritated at her more than liking her most of the time.I really did like the secondary characters a lot, and I am hoping that we get a lot more of Billy and Mark in the next book. Heck, I could do with a little more Trey too. Mark is a bit on the intense side, but I get why he is. I really want to know more about him. Then Billy who seems like the ladies man, player...I think that that is mostly a front, either that or he is willing to leave all of that for Ciel. He is most definitely swoon worthy.The story is very fast paced and full of action. I mean we start off with the bungalow getting blown to shreds and Trey being kidnapped. It just gets better and more dangerous from there. Ciel is in way over her head. Good thing that Billy and Mark were keeping tabs on her because really, she needs them whether she wants to admit it or not. This is way bigger that she ever could have imagined. They now need to track down the vikings who kidnapped Trey, but Billy and Mark want Ciel to stay out of it so they can take care of it. Um, yeah right!! Well, they all seem to take on all sorts of different aura's and at first I was a bit confused by it, but easily was able to keep track and tell who was who after. They travel all over the place, face a lot of dangerous situations, and uncover secrets about what is really going on.I thought that this was a great book with an awesome plot and enjoyable characters. Yes, there is a bit of a love triangle, but only slightly and it's done well, so it didn't make me roll my eyes. (Though I did want to smack Ciel a few times) I only wish that Ciel had had a little more character growth. It seems to me that after going through all of that she might act a little differently, but she still seems to be a bit reckless and not thinking about the bigger things. She only thinks about things directly affecting her and not everything as a whole. I hope that she matures a bit in that aspect in the next book. Overall though I really enjoyed this and thought it was great!!