Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)

Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2) - Coleen Kwan I'm such a sucker for these fun, adult contemporary romances. The Bliss line from Entangled publishing has so many fantastic ones. They are quick to read and reel you in. Tyler was a pretty present character in the first book, Real Men Don't Break Hearts, so I was excited to get her story in this book. She was really great to get to know, and I loved her story and how her relationship with Luke went from a pretty bad start, to one that was totally swoon worthy!Tyler is a single mom, who has a bit of a hard time with commitment. She has no problem with having a good time with men, but she has been down the failed relationship path, and doesn't want to do it again. The only way she sees to protect herself, and her daughter, is to not get too involved with anyone. That's until super sexy Luke comes into the picture. She is very into him, and falling fast and hard, but she is worried about how attached Chloe, her daughter is getting to him. Her daughter is everything to her and everything she does is for Chloe. She is sometimes a bit over protective and isolating, but I totally get that. Momma bear instincts are fierce. I really liked Tyler and I loved how she was able to let her guard down a little and open up by the end of the book.Luke was fun and charming, and had a bit of a mysteriousness to him. He doesn't do commitment either. That's the fault of his father unfortunately. He fears commitment. He is a wanderer, never staying in one place too long. He has no desire to put down roots and settle. He is also in a rough spot with his contract for his books sequel month over deadline, and having nothing at all started for it. He thinks getting away will help his mind get focused on the book, but when he meets hot and feisty Tyler, he only has eyes for her. At first what seems like more of a distraction ends up exactly what he needs. He isn't happy with the book he wrote, he doesn't want to do the sequel, but writing is his passion. Just not what others want from him. He needs to write for him. He also needs to come to terms with the past and things that still haunt him. I thought the changes in him were great and I loved getting to know him along with Tyler.The romance was awesome in this. What starts off as friendship, and trying to keep things casual grows into so much more as the both realize (and totally try to deny to themselves) that they are falling for each other. Yes, there are complications, but that's what makes it so good. People have issues. Some issues that they would prefer to keep hidden, especially when getting to know someone. But as they get to know each other, and grow closer, they confide in each other. They are there for each other when needed. Their relationship was anything but easy, but they fight for it to work. That's true commitment. That's what caring for each other and being in a relationship is all about.This was such a fantastic book. I loved the romance and the characters. I think they were both very stubborn and strong willed, but fabulous too. I loved the family dynamics also. Family was a big part of this story. I think perhaps the only thing that really bothered me was that Chloe is supposed to be three years old, but doesn't talk the way a three year old would. I know that shouldn't be a big deal, but it just really bothered me. Overall she acted the way a child her age would, but her speech seemed more suited for a child older than her. In general I thought this was a really great romance though. Perfect for a quick, sweet escape that leaves you smiling.