Over You - Amy Reed This sounded like a great summer contemporary so I was really excited to read it. It was totally not what I was expecting at all, and not in a good way. I was bored with it, and wanted Max to stop being such a wuss and stop trying to do everything for Sadie and letting her own needs and feelings be constantly pushed back. There wasn't really much of a story to it either. It was really supposed to be a character driven book, but with lack of connection to the characters, it made it hard to enjoy.Max is a total pushover. At first I felt a little bad for her, but as we learn more and more about her and Sadie, I had anything but sympathy for her. I actually couldn't believe that she would stay friends with someone like Sadie. It's not that she didn't have other people who wanted to be friends with her, but everything was always about Sadie. She couldn't hang out with other people because her and Sadie had plans, blah, blah, blah. I get that she is her friend and loyal to her, but what I didn't understand was why she put up with her. I know that she has her own personal issues that she was dealing with, but I couldn't get past some things. When she finally starts to break out of her shell basically because she is forced to not be spending every second with Sadie, I really thought that she would grow as a character. For a while she did, but then she reverted back again. Though she had a bit of growth by the end of the book, it wasn't enough for me. I felt very let down.Sadie is full of herself and thinks everything is always about her. Even though we get away from her a bit in the story, she is always the center of it. She was selfish, arrogant, and not a great friend. She would act like a good friend when Max would finally get upset with her over something, but that was all. She literally would completely tune everything out and live in her little bubble. I couldn't stand her, and I don't know how anyone else could either.Max and Sadie never seemed like a great match to me even from the start. Right off we discover that Sadie is in charge and Max is like her little dog. She is there only for the purpose of making Sadie happy. They are spending the summer working at the Farm Sadie's mom lives at. The mom who has never been part of her life. It's not just any farm though. They are self sufficient, live in trailers and yurts, have community showers or just take a swim in the lake to bathe, and seem more like a cult at times then a community living on a farm. There are some secrets and weird things that go on there too. There was a bit of a story, but it was lost to the characters that, unfortunately, weren't well developed.Of course there is a guy involved, but I didn't really see it as a romance. It was more Max trying to rebel than anything. She does some things that she normally wouldn't do. She's always the safe one, not the one to get crazy drink or do drugs, but she acts different around Dylan.Yes, she was attracted to Dylan, as was Sadie, but once she starts getting to know him, the less there is to like. Then when Sadie finds out, things get all weird. Sadie is jealous, but it's not even about Max liking Dylan. It's because now she's not the center of attention anymore.Basically this was all about Max trying to discover herself and break away from Sadie, but it was just too drawn out and kind of aggravating for me to read. It's hard to really enjoy a story when you don't like a single character. I thought at first I might grow to like Max, but I liked her worse by the end. One thing to note was the interesting format of writing though. It starts off as Max telling Sadie's story, kind of like she's telling it to her, then it goes to first person once she starts to decide that things aren't all about Sadie anymore. Everything still is though, it's just not directed to her anymore. I wish I had liked this. If the characters hadn't been so flat to me and I had been able to connect to at least one of them, maybe I would have enjoyed it more, but as it is, I just wasn't into it.* An advanced copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review. I did not receive any compensation.