Touch of Death (Touch of Death, #1) - Kelly Hashway As soon as I saw the gorgeous cover for this book and then read the overview I knew I had to read this! The story just sounded too awesome to pass up, and I was correct. This book had me hooked from the first few pages. I knew that this book would be one that I would love. Full of horrifying events, a romance that doesn't distract from the plot, and a whole lot of awesome revelations about what is really going on, this book is a true winner!!Jodi was a character that I could relate to, I mean not that I have the kiss of death or can bring people back to life of anything, but because underneath her not so pleasant powers, she is a pretty normal girl. She is accident prone beyond belief, and though it leads to some pretty traumatizing events, it was quite funny at times. I am one of those people who could hurt myself on anything so she was very real to me. She also grows so much from beginning to end. To me she starts off as someone who isn't quite sure of herself and doesn't have a lot of confidence, to a totally bad ass chick who will do anything she can to save her race. As broken as she was leaving her old somewhat normal life, she really embraces her new one and does the right thing at times when almost anyone else would take the easy way out.Alex was iffy to me for most of the book. I never really could completely put my trust in him. For one, he is a total stalker to begin the book, then he does some really... odd things. He is also a bit of a moody guy too. He goes from one extreme to the other like Jekyll and Hyde. But really, for the most part, I thought he was sweet and a little broken. I could almost see where his behavior was coming from, but like a lot of guys in books lately, I wanted him to grow a pair and man up. I guess easier said than done. In the end I did really like him though, and to me those are the best kind of characters. When they have to work to make you like them.The take on mythology in this book and what the Ophi can and can't do was really great! I loved the whole idea of it all and as the story progressed it just got better and better. This is one of those books that you really can imagine the setting, and the things happening. You can feel what the character is going through. This was a slightly creepy, fantastically awesome book with a lot of action, and humor. And for those who don't like huge cliffhangers, this one doesn't leave you in suspense, but does leave you wanting more. Touch of Death was an amazing start to this series and I will be counting the days until Stalked by Death.Review coming soon.