Demons of the Sun - Cindi Madsen I have to start by saying this completely blew my expectations away. Not that I didn't think I would like it, because if that was the case, I wouldn't have even read it. No, it's because with so many books on mythology, and fantasy it becomes harder and harder to make a creative story that I really can become invested in. Well, this one was awesome! I absolutely loved it!! Not only was it creative and engaging, but it had a great amount of action, romance, and mystery element to it. (Though, me being little miss perceptive, I totally had it figured out pretty early on. It didn't however change my enjoyment of the story.) I was sucked in immediately and then quickly became attached to the characters. Oh, and Dual POV guys!! You know how much I love those!!!Persephone has her hands full with a family passed down job of guarding Hades Dagger and keeping it out of the Demons hands. She also has a lot of secrets that she has to keep. That proves to become increasingly difficult as more time passes and the danger is drawing near. Then there's the whole falling in love with her warrior protector, Jax. She tries to keep him at a distance, but she soon realizes that not only does she need him, she really wants him by her side too. She is strong, not only because she has been trained to be a Sentry, but because her life has been a nightmare. She wants so badly at times to just give in and give up. She feels like it would be so much easier, but she knows that she has a duty and she will protect the dagger no matter what.It didn't take me very long to fall for Jax. I mean yeah, he's cocky and arrogant, but he's also strong, charming, and sweet. Being that this goes between Persephone's POV to Jax we actually get to know him really well. I loved being in his mind. I loved knowing what he was thinking. Persephone just unravels him. She is so fierce and feisty that he is intrigued by her. It doesn't take him long to realize she is more than just a mission to him. He is very open to her about his feelings too, even when she keeps shooting him down which made my heart flutter. He was so adamant about making sure she stayed safe, but he also knew that he had to give a little or she would shut him out again. I also love that he says things that come out totally wrong and has to find a way to fix it or make it right. After all he is still a teenage boy.What I really enjoyed more than anything was the fact that we get all the information as we need it. No info dump, but also we know what is going on. There's never any confusion. Also thank you Cindi Madsen for making the romance believable and realistic. No insta-love here!! There is a slight love triangle, but it's not really. I can't really go into it without giving spoilers, but this is coming from someone who rolls their eyes at the dreaded love triangle and I am telling you the romance in this is fantastic!! I love the battle between good and evil that Persephone struggles with in herself as well as the impending war. I loved the characters, loved the plot, loved the mythology. Basically I think you can tell that I loved this book. The only thing that I don't like is that it's currently a standalone and I really want more of this world and characters. For those of you who don't want to commit to a series, or hate Cliffhanger endings, this book is a perfect choice!!