Forgotten Lyrics - Amanda Hocking I really enjoyed Wake and I am one of those people who loves novellas and short stories within a series, so I knew I wanted to read this. This takes place before Wake and it was really great to get to know some things about before, and how things came to be the way they are in Wake. We get to know Daniel and Lydia, but the story I think is really about Aggie. Daniel is very mature for his age and is trying to watch out for his brother. Tragedy strikes, and after all is said and done, Daniel can't really remember what happened that night. Lydia is home from college with at her grandmothers house when Aggie brings a dying Daniel to them. Her grandmother is a witch of sorts and Lydia is expected to be the one to take over when she is gone. She doesn't feel like she is able to and doubts herself. Aggie wants to change her life. She doesn't want to be an evil monster like her sisters. It goes against everything they are that she saved Daniel. If she can't hide what she has done she will suffer the consequences. This was a steady paced wonderful introduction into the Watersong world. It can be read either before or after reading Wake as it doesn't contain any spoilers for it. For someone who has read Wake already, I really loved getting a little bit of the history about Aggie and about Daniel. I am a sucker for any extra stuff I can get when it comes to a series that I enjoy. This was a fantastic addition to the series.