Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout Wow! This book was awesome! It blew my mind. It's action packed, filled with great laughs and sarcasm, and oh, the chemistry between Katy and Daemon! This book just grabbed me and pulled me in. I wanted more, and couldn't get enough. The storyline is great, and the characters are written so fantastic. To me a big thing in a book is connecting with the characters, and this book did that wonderfully.Katy is awesome! I love her sarcasm, and take nothing from anyone personality. Katy's personality reminds me a bit of my teenage self. I was feisty and didn't tolerate crap from anyone either. She also proves to be pretty bad ass and brave. Her and her mother have just moved to West Virginia from Fl. She goes next door to ask how to get to the grocery store and meets super drool worthy Daemon, who also happens to be a total jerk. And so it continues from there. He thinks she's bad news, and doesn't want her around. She doesn't care what he wants. Dee, his sister who is super cute and friendly, becomes her best friend. I love the friendship between them because Dee is just like a ball of sunshine. She is peppy and bubbly, but not in an annoying way. She just wants a real friend who isn't an alien, but Daemon thinks it's too dangerous. And he's not wrong. Through the story Daemon and Katy are at each other constantly. I found myself laughing out loud at most of their banter. I totally wanted Katy to punch him a few times.Daemon, oh man where do I begin. I completely thought he was the biggest jerk ever when we first meet him. And hot! Like super dreamy, if he wasn't such a jerk I would want him to be my book boyfriend hot! (even with him being an alien, which I find kinda cool) Then as the story goes on, I didn't know whether to hate him, or love him. He can be so arrogant, and infuriating, but then be so sweet that you feel like like he's redeemed himself. Then he opens his mouth and says something stupid again. He loves to make Katy mad, and it's pretty funny from a readers perspective, but you really connect with Katy and feel for her, so you find it just as annoying as she does.This book was just so fantastic! I am really almost at a loss for words about how I feel about it. It's hard for me to put into words the awesomeness that this book was! I loved the interactions between Daemon and Katy. They were so hot and cold. When they are at each others throats, it's hilarious, and when they are being civil it's really sweet and I really liked that Daemon. You get a peek at the real him, and why he acts the way he does towards Katy. They have their moments when their chemistry between them is so hot, it literally has your pulse racing. What I liked the most about this book, was how real the characters are.The flow of the book is perfect. Jennifer's writing is great, and she knows just how to capture you and keep you engaged until the last page. This book is a must read! I will be rushing out to get it the day it comes out. I can't wait for more. I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series.