Ironskin - Tina Connolly I really don't know how to write this review. I really liked the book. I thought it was wonderful, beautifully written, and the romantic aspect was very sweet. I just don't know how to say what I want without giving away anything. There is so much going on in this book and it had me completely wrapped up in it's pages. Jane is a great strong main character. She has the fey curse and must wear an iron mask to keep it contained. She has learned to control the rage within her a little bit, but without the iron to keep in blocked, it affects other people and that she doesn't know how to control. At least she doesn't think she can. On top of that, she feels like she is getting almost nowhere with helping Dorie with her curse and she is increasingly frustrated with Edward as she starts to uncover his secrets. She really keeps it together well though and she has some fierce determination to not let her curse take over her life. Although you would think of Edward as a main character too, he really isn't as present as he should be. There is so much about him in the story that it's easy for him to always be in the front of your mind, but looking back, he isn't actually in the scenes very much. It is more the thoughts of him, and the people talking about him, and of course all the events of the book come back to him. He is charming, but not the type of character you fall head over heels for instantly. It's like he has this intrigue about him that you just can't get enough of. He has a lot of stuff going on in his head. A lot of guilt and regret. He doesn't really see himself as a worthy person. He struggles with himself throughout the book. He really isn't a bad person though, it is his past that continues to haunt his present and try to affect his future. The creative story that is woven in these pages was just great. I loved seeing Jane try to uncover the mystery about Edward as she is falling in love with him. Both thinking they aren't worthy of each other and pushing each other away. I think the best part of the story was seeing how they change and grow. What they go through when they discover that things are not really what they seem and beyond that, what they are willing to do when they discover these new dangers. I can't really explain the things that happen, but it's a very beautiful book filled with secrets, intrigue, and romance.