Whispers in Autumn - Trisha Leigh *3.5 out of 5 starsThe premise of this book sounded so interesting that I was really excited to read it. I will admit that at first I was a little bit confused, but I easily fell into the story. I was so interested to know what was going on and more importantly how things got to be how they are and why Althea and Lucas are different. I figured some of it out, but it didn't make me enjoy this book any less. It still has plenty of mystery left to it at the end, but not enough to make you gouge your eyes out. Althea is different and she knows it. She has spent her whole life trying to keep her secret hidden. Among emotionless people and getting sucked from one place to another, it has been stamped into her mond not to trust anyone. People don't really seem to notice her anyways. It's like she is just a passing thought, but nothing more. She is okay with that. It's easier to keep her secret safe that way. Not until she meets Lucas does her wall start to come down. She is able to finally embrace her emotions instead of run from them even if she isn't sure what they mean. She is determined to do whatever she can to find out though, and keep her and Lucas safe. I am not really big into sci-fi books, so I was a bit nervous to read this, but it sounded really good. I loved the idea of this and the Others taking over Earth and other planets. I also wanted to know why Althea and Lucas were different and loved discovering it along with them. Their relationship is really sweet too. They need to learn to trust each other and it doesn't come easy. Growing up basically alone with no one you can trust takes a while to break. They work together to try to uncover the truth and start to fall for each other along the way. I don't really know what to say about this book. I really enjoyed it and I thought that the story was really interesting. I really enjoyed the relationship between Lucas and Althea and I liked how the events of the story unraveled. My only problem was that it felt a little longer than necessary, and my mind would wander a bit before I could get back on track, but overall I thought it was a great book and I will definitely continue on with the series.