Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver, Sarah  Drew *4.5 out of 5 starsThis book was wonderful. I don't even really know where to start with how much I enjoyed this book. I am a big fan of the movie Groundhog Day, so the premise of this intrigued me. As soon as I started the book I was captured and pulled into Sam's head. I felt like I was experiencing this with her. I loved going through the day over and over with her and seeing what she changed or wanted to do different. The lessons learned were so great. Sam is one of the popular girls. She has a boyfriend who everyone else wants, her best friends are great, and she has a pretty good life. That is until the night she dies and then has to live that day over and over again. She changes so much throughout this book and I think it's fantastic to see how she slowly realizes things that aren't right in her life or other peoples. She goes from being the popular girl who really doesn't care about much else to trying to basically save everyone around her. Each time she relives the day she tires to do something different and get things right. At first she thinks it's about saving herself (or being able to move on), but then realizes that it's about more than her. It's about her friends, her family, people who she has treated badly or never gave a second thought too. I thought her growth was amazing. It's too bad that it took death for her to really find herself. This book was beautiful. I love Lauren Oliver's writing and how she is able to make you feel so much. It's almost surprising. It wasn't until a little while into the book before I realized just how invested in the characters I was. How much my heart ached for not just Sam, but for everyone involved. Being that this was the audiobook I think that I felt everything so much more. The reader was so amazing with every emotion and thought that Sam had. When she would break down, I felt like I would too. If you are looking for a great emotional contemporary this is definitely one to pick up. The only problem I had with this was some of the voices that the reader used really annoyed me, like her teachers, Rob, and and a few others. It wasn't enough to take away my enjoyment of the book, but it was a bit cringe worthy.