Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) - Marissa Meyer, Rebecca Soler My first thought is why did I wait so long to read this? My second is, I loved it!! I am a sucker for fairytale retellings and Cinderella is one of my favorite fairy tales. I knew I had to read this. Marissa Meyer's creativity is just amazing. I have never read a retelling quite like this. It's unique and totally addictive. I listened to this on audio and I think that my iPod was glued to me. I didn't want to stop. The plot, the characters, and the setting were all fantastic!Let's talk about Cinder a bit. She is a cyborg. She can feel emotions and she is a real person, not a machine. Yes she has unnatural parts, but she is still very much human. I think she is more human than even most of the "real" humans around her. I felt an instant connection with her. The way her emotions are portrayed, how she treats others, the way she thinks. Through every crazy thing that happens to her, she does well holding it together. If anything every time something goes against her, it makes her stronger. By the end of the book I totally loved her. Prince Kai is another character I adored. He is just so wonderful. Not that he is without flaws, but he really just wants to do what is right. What he thinks he has to to save the people. He also doesn't abide by what he should do or who he should be seen with and talk to. He is very smitten with Cinder. You go through the book hoping that no matter what he will continue to care about her. Even if he does discover her secrets. Now the secondary characters are pretty amazing too. Whether I loved them or hated them, they are done so well. I absolutely despised Adri. I found myself getting angry and frustrated at times. And Queen Levana, now that is a villain you love to hate. The Dr. is one of my favorite characters and I hope that we get a lot more of him in the next book. As far as the story goes, I can't say that the revelations really surprised me. I pretty much figured it all out in the beginning, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book at all. I still loved getting to know the characters and going through everything with Cinder and Prince Kai. I was overflowing with emotions while listening to this book. At times I would get so frustrated that I wanted to shout at Adri or Queen Levana. Call them inappropriate names and maybe throw them down the stairs. I love it when a book can bring that level of emotion out of me. This audiobook was fantastic. I loved the reader. She did the voices well and was able to pull me in. I was able to know who was talking without it saying who, just by the voice she used for the characters. I would have loved this book either way, but if you are looking for a great audio, this is it. She reads with such emotion and really convinces you of how the characters are feeling and what they are thinking. Overall I really loved Cinder. It was such a creative retelling. I can't wait for Scarlet!!