The Raft - S.A. Bodeen This book sounded really interesting. I really enjoy survival stories and mostly find them very intense and suspenseful. You feel for the characters and are really pining for them to get out of the situation. Well, with this one that wasn't the case. I wish I could say that I liked this one, but I honestly didn't really. I was very bored with it and I just wanted it to be over. It started off really great. We get to know a little tiny bit about Robie and how she ends up on the plane and how the crash happened, but once the plane goes down, so does the book. If it wasn't for me wondering if she was going to survive and the fact it was a very short book, I don't know if I would have finished it. Robie is a teenage girl with a not so typical life. She lives out on a Hawaiian Island with her parents who are researchers. There are no real stores or much to do, but she goes to Honolulu to stay with her aunt on occasion. She likes it there and she is used to traveling back and forth. Well, she had taken the flight many times and she should have known that something was off, but she just went with it and got on the plane. When the plane goes down she is actually a bit more calm than I would have thought. I mean yes, she's scared, but not super freaked. She doesn't even put on her freaking life jacket when Max tries to get her too. How stupid can you be. She somehow manages to survive on the raft and get to an island, though I think that was really mostly luck. It's obvious after a while she is really starting to be not okay both physically and psychologically. This is really a typical survival story. Trying to find food and water, fighting the elements, trying to figure out a way to signal for help unsuccessfully. That's not all, there is also the hallucinations, and the imaginary things to try to keep her sanity. Oh, and lets not forget the "evil" tiger shark that seems to be out to make her situation even harder. I don't want to say this book is bad because it's not. I just didn't really enjoy it. The writing is fine and it was easy to read, it just didn't suck me in the way I really wanted to. I really do normally like survival stories, but this one just didn't hit the mark for me. I don't really know what else to say about it.