The Lost Girl - Sangu Mandanna This book sounded way too interesting to pass up so I was super excited to get to read and review it. I think that anything having to do with Frankenstein is cool so this caught my interest immediately. Also the cover is pretty awesome! And it actually represents the book well too. This was not a fast paced book,. It moved along at a good steady pace and lets you really get to know the characters and get a feel for what is going on. Eva has grown up training to be Amarra her "other". She knows that someday if anything happens to Amarra she will have to step in and he her, but the thing is, she just really wants to be herself. To do things she wants to do. She things, eat things, and do things that Amarra has no interest in. She is raised by Guardians that are a little less strict with her than they should be and they occasionally let the rules slide. When she has to go be Amarra it is very hard for her to lose everything she has ever known and have to step in and be a daughter, sister, friend, and girlfriend to people she has only been trained about. The other problem with the situation is that Echo's are also illegal where she is going, so she has to be convincing. Besides the family, no one can know that she is not really Amarra. "I had this idea that I might be free if you were dead. But I'm not free, you've managed to trap me anyways. I've got to live your life and be you better than you ever were. - pg 159 ARC I really liked Eva. She has her own personality and she tries to do what she is supposed to, but living her own life and being with the person she loves is taking over her and she has to decide what to do. On top of that the Echo hunters are now after her. She doesn't know who she can trust or what to do, all she knows is that she wants to be free. We spend a lot of time getting to know Eva and the Amarra she is supposed to be. We also get to know her Guardians and Sean, the boy she falls in love with even though it's forbidden. I loved his strength. It was so apparent that he was in love with her too, but knows that it would put both of them in danger to act on it. He would rather never see her again than let them kill her for breaking the rules. I also really enjoyed getting to know a bit about the Weavers though I wish we got a little more. I have to say that I think I actually did like Matthew in a weird way. No doubt he can be heartless and he has no problem with ending and Echo's life if necessary , but I did like him. The slow steady pacing of this book didn't seem boring to me at all. I was so caught up in the story that even at over 400 pages I was thoroughly interested the whole way. The details unfold slowly and make you want more. You want to see what is going to happen when she does certain things. You really care about what happens to her. If you are looking for an intriguing read that you can immerse yourself in, this is for you.