Girl of Nightmares - Kendare Blake I am going to start off by being totally spastic about this cover. OMG guys, this picture does it no justice at all!! In real life it is freaking fabulous. It's absolutely gorgeous and I want like a wall sized poster of it!!! Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way I will tell you that I loved Anna Dressed in Blood (You can see my review here) so I was super excited for Girl of Nightmares. This book was every bit as amazing as Anna was. It is not as fast paced, but the character growth and interactions are really great in this one and although not as creepy, there are some super chilling parts that gave me the shivers. The whole feel of this book is totally different from the first book. Where in Anna it was scary, this one is a more subtle, but lingering creepiness that never quite leaves you. Cas is still really amazing to me. I really loved his character growth in the first book where he went from being a loner who didn't want any relationships or connections , to a boy who has a few really good friends and is actually okay with staying in one place for a while. He grows even more in this book and it's absolutely great. He is closer than ever to Thomas and Carmel and he will do whatever he can to get Anna back from hell, even if it means sacrificing himself. He is very strong emotionally and I really like that about him. It's not to say he's not afraid because he definitely has plenty of fear. He is just very determined to do what he believes is right. it's not just because he cares about Anna, but he doesn't think that she deserves to suffer in Hell for eternity. Thomas and Carmel are great friends. They stick by Cas no matter what even if they don't agree with his decisions. Thomas constantly makes me laugh, he had some of the best lines in this book. Carmel is really a tough chick. She doesn't let fear rule her. She also is determined to prove that she can be part of the group and help out when needed. She's not just a friend, but also someone who Cas needs by his side through this. To me Thomas and Carmel really stepped it up a lot in this book. We also meet a few new characters and some I liked, some I didn't, but all were interesting. I was a bit sad that Anna wasn't more in this book, but she's in Hell so that's expected. I still really love her character. Let me tell you, she is still one awesome scary ghost!! Jestine is a new character we meet and I didn't really know what to think of her. She is really nice, almost too nice, but I was never sure quite what her motives were. In this book Cas is really having a hard time. As if he isn't already distraught that Anna went to Hell to save him and his friends, now he seeing her, but he can't talk to her. When he sees her, it is like torture. He is living a nightmare and all he can think about it that he needs to go get her out. Along with his faithful friends they set out to do what everyone says is impossible. This book is full of suspense, creepiness, and heart aching moments. I was thoroughly engaged in this book from the first page to the last. The characters are so amazing, and the descriptiveness is wonderful. I could imagine myself tagging along in this creepy world that Kendare Blake has created!!