Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2) - P.T. Michelle This book is a fantastic sequel. This is how second books should be. I loved Brightest Kind of Darkness so I have been looking forward to reading Lucid. If you want to see my review for BKoD click here. I was sucked right back into Nara's world from the first pages. We get to meet some new characters that are interesting, and also some a little suspicious. Well, to me anyways. I may or may not have been proven wrong in some cases. Being that this is the second book in the series I really don't want to say much, but I loved this one as much as the first one.Nara is still awesome. I really like her. She's so caring, friendly, and mentally strong. She is absolutely, totally in love with Ethan, and she is trying to research about the ravens and his tattoo. She is putting it all in a journal for him. It's really sweet. She also is a bit stupid sometimes. I know that she doesn't want to worry Ethan since he is trying to mend things with his parents, but it really bothers me that she doesn't tell him some of the crazy stuff that happens. It's pretty important. She is also a very awesome and loyal friend. I love how she is with Lainey, and even the new kid Drystan. (Who I still really want to know more about. I want to like him, but his Welsh charm isn't working on me...yet.) We don't get a whole lot of Ethan in this one. He is very present either by Nara thinking or talking about him, or their texts and phone calls, but it's not the same. I kinda missed him. He's got a lot going on, but he is still super sweet and charming. So instead of Ethan I will talk about the new kid, Drystan. My initial response to him was that something is up with him. I didn't trust him. He's nice and all, but for some reason he didn't settle well with me. He bothered me that he was totally trying to put the charm on Nara knowing that she has a boyfriend. He basically is pushing his way into her life and trying to make her want to spend time with him. Of course, she is a super nice person, so she wants to be friends. He has a special ability too, and he seems offended when Nara doesn't trust him almost instantly. I still don't really know what to think of him, but all I know is that I want him to back off of Nara. Her and Ethan totally belong together. Nara is pretty much being stalked and has someone after her. For some reason, someone wants the journal that she is working on and she doesn't know why. She ends up kind of pairing up with Drystan so he can train her to protect herself. He also helps her through a few things. I know, now you are saying "well if he is helpful, why don't you like him?" Well, it's not that I don't like him. I just don't totally trust him. We don't really know enough about him yet. Oh and the ravens. One in particular, Patch, I totally loved. That bird made me want to laugh a few times. The ravens have been a big part of the story, but even more so in Lucid. We find out a lot of things about the ravens and some of their behaviors. Some really cool things. Anyways...so through all of this, of course there are more secrets uncovered and some new twists to the story. This was just so awesome for me. I devoured this book very quickly because I just didn't want to stop reading. I loved getting back into this world that I had forgotten how much I loved. There are a lot of crazy things that happen in this book. Some really great fast paced action an suspense parts, and we can't forget the swoony romantic parts. There's not as many of those as I would have liked, but hey, we can't get everything we want. We are left with an ending that I swear is going to drive me insane as I wait for the next book, and more questions that I am dying to have answered. This was a fabulous follow up to Brightest Kind of Darkness and I NEED the next book.