Don't You Wish - Roxanne St. Claire When I read the synopsis for this book I thought it sounded like a really great book. I liked the idea of her getting to experience the life she could only dream about. Be a popular, gorgeous rich kid instead of the invisible nobody with braces and freckles. I wanted to know how it would all turn out. This book is full of the typical cliches. The popular rich kids are the mean kids who everyone else absolutely worships. They can get away with anything and everything and they feel like they have to treat people like crap to keep up their superior status. They wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything but Prada, Dior, or other designer brands. OMG did I hate the characters at first. Well, actually for a lot of the book. I will be honest. I was a few pages away from putting it down. That is how much I was bothered by the characters and the lacking plot. I am glad that I decided to give it one more chapter because that was the one that got me. After that next chapter I needed to see what would happen. Ayla/Annie changes and I see her redeemable qualities, but it wasn't as much her that kept me reading as it was Charlie. I really liked Charlie. He is a great character. Annie, or Ayla was not very likable for most of the book at all. We get her as Annie for a short while in the beginning and you do feel a little bad for her. Then when she ends up being zapped into the life of Ayla she starts to get on my nerves. She is now popular, pretty, and rich. She also has a hot boyfriend and super cool friends. She is the queen of her school. Even though Annie is really in there, she acts like such a jerk about things. She doesn't want to ruin things for Ayla by being nice when she is supposed to be snobby and mean. She is constantly correcting her dumb friend. (Which really, I couldn't stand Bliss, but Ayla would constantly correct her when she used the wrong word or phrase.) Jade wasn't as bad, but she is still so concerned about their image as the A-listers. It got so annoying. I don't know if rich kids who go to fancy schools really act that way, but I wanted to smack them all. Charlie was awesome. He was the game changer. I kept reading for him. The Annie inside of Ayla just can't seem to stop herself from being interested in him. He also helps her even when she hasn't been very nice to him. He happens to pretty much be a genius, has a great twin sister named Missy, and sees the real Annie underneath all the glam and attitude. I liked how he finally was able to bring out the real her. She had pretty much crashed and burn when she wouldn't sleep with her egotistical boyfriend and Charlie was there to pick up the pieces. She trusts him with the truth about what happened to her, and he stands by her and the decisions she has to make. Total sweetheart!!The story to me was very slow and aggravating to start. I didn't like the characters at all. When I want to punch everyone in the face it's pretty hard to enjoy reading a book. Especially the parents. I couldn't stand the way Ayla's parents were. I hated her dad the most. What an ass!! For real. It took a long time to get into this book unfortunately. Like 200 pages, but I really did end up liking it in the end. It could have been much shorter and more to the point I think, but it was enjoyable. It had a good message in the end and I think a lot of people will really like this one.