Dreamwalker (Persephone's League of Immortals, #1) - Andrea Heltsley I love the whole idea of dreams actually intertwining with reality, so this book caught my interest. Besides that, look at the pretty cover. The way that the book goes from real world, to Noel slipping into dreams was a little disorienting at first, but then when I thought about it, you are kind of experiencing what she is. The pace was good and steady in this. I feel like we got to know the characters and situation pretty well. I would have liked a little bit more action and perhaps more real interaction, it seems like everyone kind of avoids really talking about anything that is important at all. I know that the dreams interrupt a lot of it, but I still wanted more. Noel starts off pretty pathetic to me, and I can't honestly say that I like her a whole lot more by the end of the book. She doesn't seem like a very strong character, and like she wants everyone else to just kind of deal with things or just avoid them in general. I know that all of this is pretty shocking to her and her world has been turned upside down, but I still was really hoping she would change and grow more by the end of the book. It's not to say that I didn't enjoy going through the story in her POV, I just wanted to like her and connect with her and I didn't. I am hoping that in the next book I like her more. I think that certain characters in the story may help to make her not so dependent and realize that she can be a strong person too. Oh the dreaded love triangle. Yup, I said it. I will fist say that I didn't necessarily have a favorite, but I was so freaking frustrated and angry at the outcome. Noel swears she is trying to make things fair to try and choose, but really she is thinking one person has the unfair advantage over the other, when I totally see it the opposite as she does. Anyways, that is just how I feel about it. It wasn't a love triangle that made me roll my eyes though, like so many do. I totally get it, and I guess my frustration means that it was done well. This book has a whole lot of different stuff in it. Vampires, Fey, Goblins, Witches, Clairvoyants, Greek mythology....I mean really. I liked how it all was woven together though. I thought it was really interesting how certain people with powers are "recruited" to be either immortal or slaves and how there are rogues who want to stop it and pretty much are hidden and try to work undercover against it. The settings and descriptions of everything were wonderful. I loved going into the dreams and feeling like I could see exactly what Noel was seeing. Since a lot of the book is spent in dreams, it was great to be able to feel like I was part of it. I felt less so in the "real world", but that is mostly because the focus is on what the characters are doing. It was a good balance. This book was very enjoyable to read. There were a few twists, surprised, and a little suspense. I thought it was an interesting story too. Like I said before, I wish there was a bit more character interaction, but obviously with Noel passed out in a dream half the time that is a bit difficult. I also really hope that Noel toughens up a bit. I would have like a little more back story once Noel knows what is going on, but maybe that comes in later books when she might be awake for longer and they aren't currently on the run or imprisoned so they have time to have a little conversation. Overall I think this is a great start to the series and I am curious to see where it goes. I like the idea of the story and the diversity of the characters and want to know what will happen.