Before I Wake - Rachel Vincent Oh my! Where do I even start. My mind is reeling from this one. Rachel Vincent is just so amazing and makes me love each book in this series more than the last. I don't know how in the world my little heart hasn't burst yet with the love I have for this series. It has broken numerous times, and done little dances. This book starts off pretty much where the last one ended. Kaylee is going through a major change, and she doesn't quite know how to deal with it. The book is fast paced and there is emotions are running high.I always really liked Kaylee, and I really like her in this book too. I have had five books to really get to know her and see her change, so of course I feel a connection. I really hurt for her in this one. She is having a hard time. She is really very selfless even if it hurts her and she is really feeling it in this one. She knows she has hurt Nash, she feels like if Emma had never met her that she wouldn't be in danger, she now has a lot more challenges to face, and on top of that, since she doesn't need to sleep anymore, she has too much time to think about it all. It really pulls her into a depression and she has a hard time coping with it and at times wants to just give in and give up. I really loved how much she changed in this book though. She had some major character growth and I love where she is now! It wasn't easy getting there, but I like the new Kaylee even more.Tod...I love Tod. Really, I loved him for a while. He really is so amazingly sweet and funny. He is really like Kaylee's crutch in this. He is the only one who can truly understand what Kaylee is going through and try to help her. Besides that, he cares about her more than life (or death) itself. He has definitely proven that. To me Tod hasn't really changed that much, I think the way that we see him has though. Well, more the way Kaylee sees him. He has always been caring, protective, and didn't want to lose his humanity, but being with Kaylee brings out the feelings and emotions that he is trying not to lose. I don't really know what else to say about Tod except for I want one for myself.The other characters of course are a major part of the story too. If you are reading this review you have probably read the other books, so you know that everyone and everything has a meaning and a bigger part of the story. I still totally love Emma and oh man, does my heart break for this girl. She is so scared, but also knows that Kaylee will do everything she can to keep her safe. It's just one thing after another and she is so tough. I would have probably had a mental breakdown. I know that the last book I said I hate Nash, but I guess I don't. I still don't care for him too much, but I do kind of feel a little bad for him. I get he is hurting, but he really just needs to stop being such a tool about it. I have always like Sabine, even when she wasn't that likable, but I have begun to really love her. She is just so honest. She may not be nice about things, and she may have an attitude like you wouldn't believe, but she tells it how it is. We get to see some of the inner emotion that she tries so hard to hide though, and that makes me like her even more. She really is hurting inside too.If you want action and suspense, you have got it with this one. Just when you think things are calming down, BAM!! Here comes something else. Evil doesn't rest, that's for sure. That's not to say this is non stop action, but when it isn't action, it's full of emotion and character development. Every single word of this book had me glued to the pages. Rachel is a master at making you feel the characters and setting. It's like when I started reading, I fell right into the book and was experiencing it all with them. I can't say enough how much I love this series, and the books just get better and better. This book was so fantastic in every way. I am dying to read With All My Soul, but I am sad to have the series end. April 2013 can't come soon enough!!