Chosen Ones - Tiffany Truitt Right now dystopians are one of my favorite genres so I will read almost anything and everything dystopian. I try to go into them with no expectations, but sometimes I just can't. I have been really excited about Chosen Ones so my expectations were pretty high going into it. It didn't let me down. I enjoyed the setting and that the chosen ones are artificially created beings. All male, because the council believes that women are weak. The chosen ones are made to not have emotions, and be strong and fast. They are built to be soldiers. There are no books or music allowed anymore. The naturals (or the actual real humans) are living in poverty. The women are essentially slaves. I was totally drawn into this story. I enjoyed the darker feel of this book. There are lots of secrets, some violence, and romance. All balanced really well.I really liked Tess. She is emotionally fragile, but she really keeps strong. She puts up such a solid wall to protect herself. She ends up having to take her sisters place working at Templeton and we get to see her wall breaking down. She starts to do things she knows aren't allowed, and she starts to fall for James who is a Chosen One which is totally not allowed. She starts to discover a lot of secrets that change how she thinks of the world they live in. She begins to realize that it doesn't have to be so black and white. I love the strength that she is able to find within herself. I really didn't know what to think of James. I didn't know whether to trust him or not. He was absolutely swoon worthy, but also being a Chosen One, I didn't know if he could really have emotions and feel the way he did. I really wanted him to be sincere and I wanted for him and Tess to be together. I really wanted to figure him out. Find out why he seemed so different from the other Chosen Ones. I think that the appeal of dystopians for me is that they tend to be darker and have a mentally chilling feel to them. You can really imagine these things happening. This book was so like that to me. I could see the government trying to make artificial people to be better than real humans and phase out all of us. We get sick, we have emotions, we have a conscience. If they could create a perfect new race, I have no doubt they would try to. They already have control over so much so it's not too far fetched to think that they could keep controlling more until it would be similar to what this book is. I was very wrapped up in the whole thing. There were a few surprises thrown in that I was totally not expecting too. This is a fantastic book and I can't wait for more of this series. Tiffany Truitt has written an awesome debut that has me pining for more.