The Weepers: The Other Life  - Susanne Winnacker Okay so most of you probably know that I love zombies, I love horror, and love anything that's creepy. Of course I needed to read this book. There aren't really zombies, it's just a super mutated rabies virus, but still. The infected eat people so they are close enough to zombies, right? And they are intelligent which is even creepier. They live in abandoned buildings and work together and stock up on humans. I really did enjoy this book, but it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. It had some great action and a little romance. The characters were likable enough, it just wasn't all that I thought it would be. I think my expectations going into it were a little too high. Shelly was not a great character for me. I mean her whole situation pretty much sucks, and she really does try to do what she has to do, but it wasn't really that convincing to me. I don't know why. It was just like ohhh a boy. And she's totally infatuated. I mean, I did like her, but I guess I just didn't connect with her. She wants very badly to rescue her father and get her family, which I totally understand, but she makes some stupid decisions that could really be bad for everyone. She seems to not really think about everyone as a whole until the end of the book. I liked most of the other characters. I really hope that we get to know more about Tyler. He seems like he will be an important and awesome character in later books. I liked Joshua too. He is really sweet and caring, but also tough and determined. He is out for revenge on the Weepers. It's dangerous, but he feels like he has to hunt them. There is of course some romance. It's not super heavy, but it's there throughout. Sherry is totally pining for Joshua even when she is trying to deny it to herself. I guess I can't really blame her. There isn't many people left who aren't Weeper's and she had been in her Bunker for like 3 years with her family until they ran out of food. That would make anyone crazy and need interactions with other people besides family. Overall it was a decent book. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. There is some action and some good Weeper killing, but not as much as I really expected. I don't really have much to say about this book. It was good, I think it was a good start to a series, and I am definitely looking forward to what is coming next. The end wasn't a cliffhanger or anything that will drive you nuts, but it's a great set up for the next book in the series. 3 out of 5 stars.