Struck - Jennifer Bosworth * 3.5 out of 5 starsWhen I first heard about this book I was super excited to red it. It just sounded so unique and creative. Being someone who has in fact been struck by lightning, (thought indirectly) it sounded extra appealing to me. (If you want to know more about that feel free to tweet me or email me about it.) It was definitely an interesting book. I liked Mia and some of the other characters. There was a lot of religion in it, and being someone who is not religious I can say it didn't bother me. It wasn't annoyingly preachy, it was just a main part of the story. It was done very well to be honest. Mia has a special gift though she feels like it's a curse. She doesn't really know the extent of the power she carries from the countless lightning strikes. She has different people telling her who she can and can't trust on opposing sides and she has no clue what to do. I feel like in the situation she is stuck in she really does pretty well. Yes, she makes some bad decisions, but who doesn't. She's confused and trying to take care of her mother who has basically shut down completely after the earthquake. Jeremy is kind of stalkerish, but it's okay. He's totally hot! Really though, he is a great character. He is a bit creepy, but there is a lot of creepy weird people in this book. When you have the end of the world looking you in the face there are going to be some crazies! He has secrets that he wants to tell, but can't. Well, more he is afraid to than he can't I guess. Anyways, I can't really say much about him except I like him, and I liked him with Mia. He was always there for her when she needed him, even when she didn't know whether to trust him or not. There is a little romance in this book, but it is really isn't a big in your face, take over the story romance. It was there, it does play a part in the book, but it's not annoying and over the top. I actually thought it was great. A little fast, but hey, the end of the world is coming. Things tend to move a little faster when you only have days left.This book was fast paced, and kept my interest from beginning to end. There was nothing that stood out as shocking or any big twists, and no major cliffhanger ending, though there is a little bit of something implied. Overall I would have to say this was a well written book that I really enjoyed. It may not have blown me away, but it was a great book. I am undecided between 3 and 4 stars. I think if we knew a little more about these powers the lightning gives and how people came to know about it and start these groups. I would give it 4, but I still feel like there is a little lack of information on why things happen. I am a bit picky with stuff like that. I need a reason for things, even if it's not a very good one.