Kings & Queens - Courtney Vail *3.5 out of 5 starsI think my first thought would be interesting, and maybe slightly confusing. I will admit that the first few chapters I was like, "What is going on?" but after getting into the book it was great!! I liked the mystery element to it, the twists to the story, and the characters. I am usually pretty good at solving mysteries, but I will say that this book really did keep me guessing until almost the end. Evey one seems suspect, but then you think that certain people couldn't possibly be. What's worse is the thought that it could be the people you really don't want it to be.Majesty is quite the character. I didn't know whether I liked her or not to start. Yes, I felt bad for her a little, but I didn't know if I was going to like her or not. Of course I did end up liking her. I liked getting to know the other sides to her. She is a pretty resourceful chick. She also is not afraid to get help, even not knowing who she can really trust. I was quite surprised by how manipulative she could be though, but I suppose the situation calls for it.I really liked both Derek and Alec. They are both great in their own ways. Derek is a broken person. Very broken...and it's sad. I couldn't help but really feel bad for him, even with some of the horrible things that happen. Then there is Alec who at first seems a little too nice, but very sweet and caring. I really adored him, but found myself second guessing myself with him at times. This is just how great the characterization is in this book.There are a lot of other characters that really come into play in the book too. There is a lot of stuff going on in this book, but not so much that your head is spinning. Now that I have finished it, I wish I had paid more attention to a lot of the smaller details, though I don't think it would have helped. The story is spun so well that as soon as you are almost sure you know who the crazies are, you are thrown for a loop again. I was constantly back and forth with it, but really at the end, I wasn't shocked at all. It seemed pretty obvious even though there was a lot of evidence that leads us off.So I know that this review has pretty much told you nothing, but I am afraid to say anything in fear of giving anything away. The weird dream stuff really confused and threw me off at first, but then as the details unraveled it was crazy why it was happening. I really enjoyed the fast pacing of the book. It kept me engaged and interested throughout. If it weren't for needing sleep eventually, I would have probably read it strait through. I just felt like I needed to get that next piece of information to either prove myself wrong or right about my suspicions. It's not often that a book can keep me confused for so long. Maybe I just wasn't in my normal mind set, or it was just that good of a mystery, but either way it was great!!