Siege (As The World Dies, #3) - Rhiannon Frater OMG! This was just friggin unbelievably epic!! I don't think anything I say could possibly even come close to how I feel about this book and series!! I will try to keep this review as coherent as possible and spoiler free of course!! I thought that the first two books were intense and emotional, but they have nothing on this one!! Of course it is the awesome writing and story telling in those that lead you to love the characters so much which in turn makes this book such an emotional ride!! I think this may be my new favorite series ever!Intense is a complete understatement. Emotional doesn't begin to touch on how this book affected me. I don't think I have ever read a book that I actually have had to stop and regroup because I was that emotionally broken. I am getting teary eyed trying to write this review. That is how much this book, and series work their way into your heart. Just as with the previous book there is even more added threat to their survival. They are doing pretty well in the fort, but they are still in real danger. The Vigilante still hasn't been caught, there is the new military threat, there is a massively huge horde of zombies coming, and people seem to be turning on each other. We also have the added element of the ghosts who are trapped between and can't move on. It is a perfect addition to an already epic story!The characters are just as kick ass, and we meet a few new characters. Some I loved, some I hated. (Paige would be one I hated.) Rhiannon's ability to make you feel like you personally know them is just amazing, and makes it even more devastating when bad things happen. She also does a great job at keeping the humor and touching moments in there too, which make you smile even through the tears that will undoubtedly be streaming down your face! That humor and caring makes it that much harder on you because you love the characters so much. It is great how they come together as a community and are willing to risk themselves to help others. This book is an amazingly awesome conclusion to the As The World Dies series. It really could not have been better. I think that when I finished the book and closed it, the pieces of my broken heart stayed scattered among the pages inside! This is one of the most heart-pounding, tension filled, emotional books I have ever read. I was sobbing uncontrollably through a lot of the book. I felt like someone was squeezing my heart, and found myself holding my breath numerous times. This series is a truly touching story about survival even in the worst of times. It shows you how selfless some people can be, and how selfish and oblivious others can be. I can't say enough how great this book is. I just want everyone to read it!! I would give this a million stars in a heartbeat! (That is if I had not left my heart in the pages of this book.)