Whispering Hills  - Taryn Browning When approached about doing the blog tour for this book, I was very excited. The synopsis sounded awesome and just my type of book. I was not disappointed. This book was wonderful. The characters are great and the story was amazing. I didn't want to put this book down. I am big on paranormal and this was a very cool and interesting take on it. Alexis can hear voices, no it's not just in her head. She hears other people's thoughts. The only other person who knows is her sister. When she hears thoughts of someone planning to do something horrible, she discovers that there is more to her power than just hearing voices. The poor girl ends up going through so much in this book. I think she definitely could have handled some things a little better, but lets be honest, she's a teenage girl, they make stupid decisions. I do admire her selflessness though. Once she knows what is going on, she tries to do what she really believes is the right thing to do. I really enjoyed her character.Chase is definitely swoon worthy. He is so sweet and great, but I didn't like how he was always so secretive to Alexis. I know that he thinks it's what is best, but I think he could have been a bit more trusting of her about some things especially when it is something that will really affect her. All that aside though, he was great to get to know and I really like how caring he is for Alexis. His main priority is to protect her no matter what. Also Summer is one of my favorite characters. She is totally the goth chick who is all emo and wants to just be left alone, but there is so much more to her once we get to know her. She still has a really snarky attitude that I really enjoy though. Underneath all of the snark and the "I don't give a crap" attitude, she is very likeable though. You always need that humorous and sarcastic character to lighten things up a little.I really enjoy ghost stories, and I loved the creativity of this one and other elements added in too. The romance aspect was great and didn't take away from the main story. There were a lot of darker parts to the story too. The character interactions were fantastic and the story never felt slow to me. I also liked how the parents weren't absent from the story, but there is a good reason why they are pretty oblivious to things. I was intrigued and wanting more. I think this was a fabulous start to a new series and I am eagerly awaiting the next book! 4.5 out of 5 stars!