Shattered Souls - Mary Lindsey When I first heard about this book I immediately put it on my TBR list. It sounded amazing and the cover is to die for. Let me tell you, the cover is even more amazing in real life. The rose petals look so real, and get this, it feels like rose petals. You heard me right! I am obsessed with it. Okay, enough about the cover. Onto the book. I loved it! The characters were great, and the story was gripping. I was hooked right away, and I read it pretty quickly for me. There were a few little things that I didn't like, but not all books can be perfect. In reality very few are. Lenzi, or Rose as Alden calls her, is a great character to get to know. She has some personal issues, and then these voices and visions make her think she is crazy. Like seriously losing it crazy.I am glad that when she finds out she is supposed to help lost souls and that she is supposedly reincarnated, she is skeptical. It makes it more real. She struggles with this new information and as she slowly learns more it's easier for her, but she still is really freaked out about it. She also needs to find a way to go about the whole boyfriend situation since she now needs to spend so much time with her protector, Alden. They have been working together for hundreds of years even though Lenzi doesn't remember any of her past lives. She does feel some sort of connection to him.I really liked Alden. He tries to do the right thing, even when it's hard for him. He does keep some secrets, but he does it because he thinks it's what he should do at the time. His job is to protect the Speaker. (Lenzi/Rose) He doesn't want to scare her away. I was really put off by Zak right from the beginning. Right when we first meet him, I thought I might like him, but my opinion changed really quickly. I found him to be a jerk. I don't know if we were supposed to like him and be sympathetic to him, but I really wasn't at all. I wanted him to go away, jump off a cliff, whatever. I just didn't like him and could have cared less if he was part of the picture or not. The idea of the reincarnated souls being spirit guides makes for a great and interesting book. The story has a pretty fast pace that keeps you glued to the pages. It has some kind of creepy elements with possessions and exorcism. The malevolent spirit is one evil dude, who knows how to hold a grudge. The romance aspect was done well, and there's a hint of mystery to the story too. I think some of the interactions were a bit annoying, and there were some things I thought were a little repetitive, but nothing too major. This was a quick and enjoyable book for me.