Everneath - Brodi Ashton I was going into this book with really high expectations, and it lived up to the hype for me. Right from the beginning I was completely drawn into the story. I instantly wanted to know what was happening and knew I would not want to put this book down. I felt the connection to the characters, and I loved the progression of the story. It was a fantastic and heartbreaking book that kept me swept up in it the whole time. Nikki is the MC. I really felt the character connection with her. She is a strong and likable character. At first I felt that she was in her current situation because she was weak, but the more you learn the more you realize that she is not weak at all. She is stronger than I think I could faced with the same situation. I loved being able to get in her head. We get to know how things were before the feed, and then after the feed. She knows that no matter what she will be sucked back into the Everneath, and wants to leave the right way this time. As much as possible that is. She doesn't want to feel like she is running out on the people she loves. I also admire how she still wants to do what is right. She would rather be taken into the tunnels of the Everneath (a horrible place) than rule as queen and have to live off of other people's energy. (their emotions). The only way to avoid either, is to find a way out and get to stay in the real world. The whole time I was rooting for her to be able to find a way to cheat fate and not have to return. You will have to read it yourself to find out what the outcome is. And believe me you want to read this.The love story is so great, and just left my heart aching. From the start I really thought that she should be with Jack. It's easy to see how people would want her to be with Cole though. He is made of hotness, he plays a guitar, and rides a motorcycle. But, for the record I am team Jack! This wasn't like your typical love triangle at all. It was actually a very complicated situation. There's no actual love triangle really going on, it's more of a life choice that Nikki needs to make. Cole is certainly steamy, but he is no good in my eyes. He is kinda creepy stalker-ish to me. Jack is just so genuinely nice, and a great person, and friend. He really tries to reconnect with Nikki, as much as she tries to stop from getting close to him again. He just has an undying love for her, and you can't help but want them to be together. This book just kept me so engaged throughout, and I didn't want to stop reading. I was so in tune with the characters, and really wanted the best for them. When they were happy, I was happy, when they were sad, I was sad. I am a very sensitive, so yes, I cried too. This book was just so beautifully written and I can't wait for more. The way it ended just left my heat aching and needing to know, "what happens now?" From the gorgeous cover, to the even more beautiful story inside, this is a must read. 4.5 out of 5 stars.