Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1) - Marie Lu, Mariel Stern, Steven Kaplan I had been hearing so many great things about this book and I was really excited to read it. I won an audio book version from A Life Bound By Books. I have listened to audio books before, but this is my first time actually reviewing one. I absolutely loved the book. The characters are very well developed and the story progressed at a great pace. I loved hearing the book switch back and forth from Day's perspective to June's. They are both such strong, smart characters full passion for the things they believe in. The narrators for the audio book were fantastic. They really portrayed the characters well.I instantly liked Day. He is a very compassionate and caring person. He is not just a lowly criminal. I really loved getting to know his character and why he is a "criminal" on the streets. There is so much to the story of Day, and I was shocked at how things unfolded.June is a very likable character too. She is The Republic's prodigy. Perfect score on the test. She is also a bit of a trouble maker, which is fun. We first meet her when she is getting in trouble for scaling the side of a building off campus. She's very smart, strong, and brave. She is insightful, and not someone to mess with.I loved the interactions between Day and June, both when she didn't know who he really was, and especially after. There is so much more going on than you would think at first. There are a lot of surprises. This story is so well crafted and intriguing. It really blew me away! It is now solidly in my top favorites for dystopian novels. It's action packed, suspenseful, emotional, and just phenomenal.