Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) - Sarah Mlynowski I will start by saying that I have not really read contemporary, so I wasn't sure whether I would like it or not. I was pleasantly surprised that I loved it. The story was really fun to read and I enjoyed getting to know the characters. I really enjoyed how they were realistic. It wasn't the popular girl, or the new girl who just moved to town and is trying to fit in. It was a bout a typical teenage girl who has a pretty normal life, and some family issues to work out. The book really reminded me of how I was as a teenager. The story flowed brilliantly and it touched on real experiences that people go through.I love how it's organized by each thing they did, that they shouldn't have. It's very entertaining and I couldn't help laughing, or smiling at most of it.April, the main character was very likable. She is just so normal you can't help but like her. She thinks it will be the coolest thing to live with her friend Vi for the rest of the school year, because she doesn't want to leave everything behind to move with her father and step mother. Vi's mom will be gone so it will be just them. They can do whatever they want. She wants to spend time with her friends, party, have sex with her boyfriend, all those things that most teenagers want to do. Her character really grows though the book as she starts to learn some important life lessons.I really liked the other characters too. Vi, and Marissa are April's best friends. Vi is a little bit of a control freak, but it makes her who she is. Marissa is cool and down to earth. I never really cared for April's boyfriend Noah though. I mean he seemed nice enough, but he was so detached. I loved Hudson, and Dean. Dean is the hot, fun guy who flirts with everyone and acts like a player. Hudson is the more mysterious one. Absolutely gorgeous, but no one really knows too much about him. He likes it that way. He is also super sweet.This book was just such a great read. There were a lot of lessons for teenage girls in this book, but it was really great to read as an adult too. I was really into the story and couldn't put it down. It was humorous, but had a wide range of emotions at one point or another through the book. If all contemporary is like this, than I am definitely a fan. This book was fantastic! 4.5 out of 5 stars.