On a Dark Wing - Jordan Dane I was really excited to read this book. The synopsis sounds awesome. It was very slow to start, and actually for quite a while into the book. I was really quite bored up until about chapter six. Then it started to get a little more interesting, but still wasn't really keeping me drawn in. It wasn't until about halfway through the book that I started to enjoy it. It was just not really what I expected. The story moved along slowly, and I didn't really feel a connection to the characters.Abbey is the MC. In all honesty, she really annoyed me. I know she is supposed to be a lonely teenage girl that has pent up emotions about her mothers death, but it goes beyond that. She was just so whiny and it really bothered me. I suppose that is how a lot of teenagers are though, but it was like everything had to be about her or she was a brat about it. She does grow up a bit towards the end, but I still couldn't get myself to like her very much.Tanner, Abbey's best friend was a very likable character. He is a really nice kid, who will go to any lengths to make sure his best friend is happy. He has issues of his own, but puts Abbey first, even when he knows that it will get him into trouble, and even at the expense of his feelings. He is a very strong character, but we don't really get much of him in the story.Overall it wasn't a bad book. It does have a good story about letting go of guilt and moving on from bad situations. It had a bit of romance too. I think there are a lot of people who would really enjoy this book. It was just different than I thought it would be and didn't quite live up to my expectations.