Every Other Day - Jennifer Lynn Barnes When I read the overview for this book, I was very interested to read it and see what it was all about. There is plenty of action and some blood and gore scenes. There's a lot of character interaction, but it just didn't really do it for me. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, because I did. I just was not that into it. The story moved a long fine, and there was some mystery in there, but I found it actually quite predictable.Kali is the Main Character. She turns into a demon hunter every other day. She doesn't know what she is, she just knows that she needs to hunt. She is fierce and a force to be reckoned with when she is in this form. She still looks like a normal girl, but she isn't. Then on the days when she is just normal without her "powers", she is a just girl with no friends, and tries to avoid any attention. That is until Skylar notices her at their school pep rally.I really liked Skylar. I think she is the only character who I could really get into and enjoy. She is just so peppy and bubbly, and a bit odd. She seems like she would be the cutest thing ever and really fun to be around. She ends up befriending Kali, despite Kali trying to not get close to anyone.This book moved along at a good fast pace, but somehow it wasn't really pulling me with it. It was an interesting story, but like I said, pretty predictable. It was cool that things like Zombies, Dragons, and other mythical creatures exist, and that the normal human population knows about them. Kali's character is very strong, but she also has her weak points. I love strong female characters and Kali was, but I think that Skylar and Bethany were too. This book doesn't get you all tangled up in a love story either, which is nice once in a while. There is some affection at points, but no big drama love story. This was a pretty fast read, and the way it ends makes me think there will be another. The end left me curious to see what might come next. There is a lot of questions left unanswered. Am I bouncing in my seat in anticipation? No, but I am curious and would definitely read it. This book is worth a read if you like action and some gore.