Between the Sea and Sky - Jaclyn Dolamore (I received this from netgalley to read and review)This book caught my interest because it's about mermaids, and I love mermaid stories. The whole idea of being able to transform at will to have legs, and then back to a mermaid tail is an interesting concept too.This story was so interesting in how Mermaids, Winged People, and Humans all have a set way they think of each other. This is a relatively short book, and it a quick easy read. It's a beautiful story about overcoming stereotypes and doing what is right for you.Esmarine is 16 years old and has been dreaming of becoming a Siren with her older sister Dosinia. She takes her oath, and will finally join her sister. When Dosinia goes missing, she knows that she has gone to land and fears that she has been kidnapped. Esmarine knows that no one else will be able to do what is needed to find her, and she decides she will go to land and try to find her long lost friend Alander. He is a winged person, and he may be able to help her. Alander used to come to the island and play with Esmarine, and teach her to read and write when they were younger, but she hasn't seen him in years. She knows the journey will be hard, mermaids can turn their tails into legs, but every step is very painful.She finds Alander (who now goes by Alan) and after a while he decides to help her find her sister. Esmarine and Alander begin to open up to each other and be friends again. Their journey helps them to understand more about each other, learn that things are not always as they seem, and discover a love for each other that is very touching and sweet. It's a story about love, and that is what you get, so if you are looking for action or something more upbeat, I would skip it. I enjoyed the story for what it was. I found myself smiling a lot while reading. It was a wonderful, make you happy story. It has that happily ever after that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Overall I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.