A Little Bit Cupid

A Little Bit Cupid (Entangled Flirts) - Jennifer Shirk *3.5 rounded to 4 stars.This is a cute short story about finding love. Seriously, that's what it's all about. There is Cosmo who is Cupid's son, and he is in charge of making sure that Phoebe finds true love by Valentine's Day or love will forever be gone!! No one will ever love again. Tragic right? That also means he won't exist and the evil Gods win. Sounds a little melodramatic and cheesy, I know. But really, it's not. It was a fun and quick story to read and I enjoyed it. It's a great way to get into the spirit of Valentine's Day with a bit of humor, snark, miscommunications, and of course romance.Phoebe is a photographer and loves what she does. She knows that true love exists, she captures it on film all the time, she just doesn't think it exists for her. When she meets Cosmo she thinks he is crazy at first, but decides to humor him, what can go wrong, right? Well, she falls for her supposed soulmates roomate. She tries as hard as she can to fight it knowing that the fate of love everywhere rests in her hands and she needs to make Mr. soulmate fall in love with her, not chase the wrong guy. I admired her for wanting to do what she thought was right, but wanted to smack her for not seeing that love was there staring her in the face and to not brush it off. Being that this was a short story I didn't really feel a connection of any sort to her, but I liked her enough and really wanted her to have her happy ending.Cal was really fun. He is against commitment and has always kept people at arms length. He is smart, successful, and sexy, but he is always afraid to let anyone get too close and take advantage of him. I loved seeing him finally let the walls down and really just try to go for it with Phoebe. I felt so bad for him when she continued to shoot him down and then wanted to be friends. He was great. I liked reading from his POV better than Phoebe's. He was a bit more interesting.Overall this was a super fun and quick read with a fast and entertaining romance. There isn't really a whole lot of depth to it, but it was a great read to get lost in. If you are looking for a romance with some fun characters then this is a good one to pick up. I really like Jennifer Shirk's writing and will be reading more from her for sure!