City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments)

City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare I finished this book days ago, and it is still on my mind. It has been that way with every single one of Cassie's books. It's an agonizing wait for the next book, it comes out, I devour it, and now it is going to be another agonizing wait until the next book. I loved everything about this book. I love the character growth that so many of them have in this book. The situation is quite tense in this one for everyone. I literally was holding my breath at some points while reading this book. It was breath taking, heart stopping, and emotional. Everything I could have expected from Cassie and more. The depth of her writing just hooks you and won't let you go. The emotional, heart wrenching parts with the witty humor to lighten things back up a little are just fantastic. Clary is her normal stubborn self in this book. I really liked her bravery, but I think sometimes she was just a bit reckless. I guess it wouldn't be Clary if she wasn't. I couldn't even imagine the emotion and how the whole situation affects her. I just can't help but think she is way too attached and risks too much for Jace. I know she is in love with him, but it's so frustrating that it's like he is the only thing in the world that matters. Obviously Sebastian has something planned and they need to figure it out and she is working towards that too though. She was really strong in this book and I loved how she kicks a lot of butt too. She really steps it up in this book and she is awesome. She has proven she is a Shadowhunter for real.Simon. How I love Simon. He is probably one of my favorite characters in the series. He has so much character growth in this book and he totally mans up in a lot of situations. He knows what is right, and what must be done. He cares about everyone so much and I love how he is willing to take some major risks for all of them. I think he had the most growth of any of the characters.Izzy really changed a lot in this book too. I guess I wouldn't say changed as much as let the real her show. I liked seeing her let her guard down more. She is so vulnerable, but acts so tough to hide it all. She carries a huge weight on her shoulders to protect not only herself, but her family too. I really liked Izzy before, but I totally love her now. Jace is not really Jace in this book. It is so heart breaking to see Clary fighting so hard to see the "real" Jace underneath the connection with Sebastian. This bond between them makes for some pretty entertaining and also some intense stuff. I really felt bad for Jace. The poor guy just can't catch a break. He still doesn't by the end of the book either. That's all I will say on that. Sebastian is so freaking evil, but really at some points I had myself second guessing him. I wanted to hate him, but pity him. I wanted to like him, but didn't trust him. Oh Sebastian, how you drive me crazy!!Alec, now he has a whole lot going on in this book. He is missing his parabati, and him and Magnus are having some issues. He makes some really, really bad choices. He is so confused and lets his thoughts consume him. I just wanted to jump into the book and tell him not to be stupid. Not to do what he is thinking. I know that is so vague, but that's all I can say. So I haven't really said anything about the book, but that's because I really can't. Anything I say could take away from your experience reading it. The character depth in this one is just amazing. If you didn't feel for all of them before, this book will make you. I feel like I truly know them. When they hurt, I hurt, when they are mad, so am I. I have become so attached to all of them. This book, just as all of the TMI books has everything. Action, suspense, heartache, laughs, and some major swoon moments. This book touched on all of my emotions at some point. I didn't know I could hold my breath that long either lol!! And in true Cassie fashion the last few pages had me in tears and in shock. The end has quite a twist that was shocking. Not completely surprising, but whoa, leaves us hanging and absolutely NEEDING City of Heavenly Fire right now!! This review does this books awesomeness absolutely no justice.