Crewel

Crewel - Creative and intriguing are just two of the words that come to mind when thinking of how to describe this book. It was so unique that it had me captivated. Some of it was a bit over the top, but it was such a great story that even with how far fetched some things got, it didn't deter me from wanting to devour it as quickly as I could. Adeline was a fun character. Right off we learn that she is not one to back down and give in, and she has quite a smart mouth on her. She is the type of character that says and does the things that you think in your head, but don't actually say or do them. She is quite special too. Not only does she have the ability to weave, she happens to be very good at it. The only thing is, it's not what she wants. She doesn't want to be in control of people. She is stubborn and very strong willed when she gets taken to Guild. She doesn't know who to trust or what to do. She just knows that she is worried about her family and she needs to find a way out, impossible as it seems. Then there are the other characters which I also thought were very well developed. I really liked Jost. He was so awesome. Enora who is her mentor was a very great part of the story too. She really kind of treated Adelice like a daughter. She tries to keep her safe from both the Guild, and herself really. Erik was a character that I liked, but I didn't trust him. I wanted to, so that made me give him the benefit of the doubt. I still don't know what to think of him, but I'm hoping that my insistent need to like him is a correct one. The Guild holds many secrets as do the people within. That is why once you have been taken in to train as a Spinster you can never leave. They will make you a maid or something else if you don't qualify to be a Spinster, but you can't leave once you have been taken in. Some of the things that Adelice learns are pretty shocking. She starts to discover some secrets, while also trying to contain her own.This book was just so interesting. I loved the idea of being able to actually create things by weaving time and matter. Being able to create or destroy within seconds. It was very cool. I loved the visuals that I got while reading this too. The descriptions were so good that I could see it all in my head like watching a movie. I can't say that I wasn't a little confused at first, but I did enjoy it. I just wish that we learned more about how people learned to weave and the history of it all. We don't really get that, but this is a series so I think we will learn more as we go. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a unique story with a bit of romance.