Undeadly

Undeadly (Harlequin Teen) - Michele Vail I have gone back and forth on this and don't really have a whole lot to say. I had been looking forward to this book for about a year and was so excited to read it. Unfortunately, it was a big let down for me. I was so sad and disappointed because I wanted so much to like it and I just couldn't get into it. That's not to say that I didn't like some things about it, just not enough. The Egyptian Myth was really interesting and cool, and I did enjoy getting a little lesson on that. I usually won't continue reading a book that I feel like I won't enjoy, but for some reason I kept pushing on and hoping maybe I would end up enjoying this one. Sadly, that wasn't the case.My number one downfall of this book was Molly. I am a BIG character person, so if I can't like a character, or at least enjoy reading them, I'm not going to be able to get into a book. I couldn't stand Molly. I found he so annoying that I literally wanted to start banging my head on the wall at some points. I tried to just think of her as the teenage girl she was, but the chick just really had a way of getting under my skin. Not only was she annoying, but she was seriously dumb. Like not just a little ditzy dumb, but the "are you for real?" type dumb. Anyways... moving on.I really don't want to get to into things because I hate to feel negative. So yes, Molly was a big issue for me, which that alone wouldn't be a big deal if the story kept me sucked in. That didn't happen either. Like I said, I liked they myth aspect, and thought it was interesting, but I found so much of it cheesy, but not in a fun and entertaining way. The romance was so not doing it for me either. The whole keeping zombies thing I found to be pretty entertaining, but then again, pretty cheesy too. There were some truly funny parts, but really, I'm just grasping for anything at this point. I thought maybe as I got closer to the end of the book it would make me second guess all the things that were bothering me and maybe blow me away, but instead the ending seemed very rushed and made the fact that I forced myself to finish even more of a let down.