The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)

The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) - Abbi Glines OMG!! I loved this book! Okay, so I am totally going to be a blabbering mess with this review I think. Just a few months ago I decided that I needed to expand what types of books I read, and there are so many contemporary books that sounds good. I didn't really know what book I should try to read or what was a good one to start with. Well, I bought this one since my awesome blogger friend Andrea over at The Bookish Babes recommended it. I didn't end up reading it right away (I actually read a few contemporary books before finally getting to this one, this was just the first one I bought.), but now that I have. WOW! Now I understand why so many others completely fan girl over Abbi Glines. I am a fan for life now! I need to read everything she has written ASAP. This book blew me away! I could not stop reading. The characters are so awesome and man does she know how to do romance and heartbreak! This book didn't just tug on my emotions, it yanked and pulled!Ashton is likable, and not likable at the same time. Okay, I ended up loving her, but for a while I was just so angry with her. I was mad at her for doing things that she shouldn't, but she redeems herself in the end by trying to do what is right in the end, even if it breaks her own heart. I really could feel how she was struggling with things. Her boyfriend Sawyer is absolutely perfect. Ashton feels like she needs to keep up with her perfect exterior to please not just him, but her family and everyone. She has been friends with both Sawyer and Beau since they were kids, but when she starts dating Sawyer, Beau is just shut out of her life. She always had fun with Beau, and spending time with him is making her second guess herself.Beau, oh where do I even start with him. Super hot, swoon worthy bad boy! Except he's not really a bad boy. A lot of books have the "bad boy" who is a jerk, but totally sexy right? Well, Beau isn't really a jerk, that's what makes him even more appealing. He acts like a jerk at times for sure, but in reality he is super sweet, smart, and caring. He has had a hard life, but he just goes with it. He's not jealous of what he doesn't have. (With the exception of Ash) He loves his cousin Sawyer more than anyone, and has always been happy for him even though he has everything any high school boy could want. I couldn't help but absolutely fall in love with Beau. He is just so complex and wonderful. He is also very perceptive. He notices things and remembers them. It's like he keeps all those special things locked up and hidden away.I can't say that I agree with the things that happen in this book, but it's very realistic. These things do happen. Teenagers party, they make the wrong decisions, they hurt each other. That's life. This book is very raw and emotional. It lets you feel what the characters feel. Hurt when they hurt, laugh when they laugh. There are secrets, deception, and also the understanding that you can't really change things. You need to come to terms with certain things and except them as they are. I can't wait for the next book in this series. I read this book in just a few hours, and was so sad to have it end.