Hallowed (Unearthly Series #2)

Hallowed  - Cynthia Hand After finishing Unearthly I was highly anticipating the release of Hallowed. I was counting down the days until I could dive back into Clara's head and have some of my questions answered. I completely devoured this book. It was hard to put down and had me strung out on emotions. I was instantly taken back into the story, and was eager to keep going and learn more. The story moved at a good steady pace. It is not action packed or anything like that, but there is just so much going on emotionally, that I was so tense throughout so much of the book. There are also some unexpected twists thrown in there too, as well as some major heartbreak, so grab your tissues!Clara is still trying to come to terms with her purpose and what it means. I really feel like I am in Clara's head when I am reading. I could feel her happiness, and her sorrow. She is still a very strong character, and I love her humor. She is faced with many tough things in this book, so we see a bit of her weak side, but she is still much stronger and braver than I could ever be. What I love the most about her is how absolutely in love she is with Tucker. *Sigh* You can literally feel her love for him as you read.Onto the love triangle. I am so solidly team Tucker so I really hate that there is a love triangle at all, but it is done so beautifully that I can't help but like it. Tucker and Clara are so freaking cute together. I mean honestly, he is like the picture perfect guy! He's hot, he's a cowboy who does rodeo's, and he is so in love with Clara you want to melt. Then there's Christian who is obviously undeniably gorgeous, and has more in common with Clara than we even know. He is really sweet, no doubt about that, and the whole purpose and destiny thing to go with it. I get it, really I do, but I don't have to like it. I still love Tucker and he will win every time in my book. Besides, I don't really like how Christian starts to act in this one sometimes. That's all I can say about that without spoiling anything.We also finally get answers about Clara's mom, and about other things that we have been wanting to know. I really felt like we really got to know the characters a lot better in this one, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. Along with a lot of burning questions being answered, we are left with new ones at the end too. We get to meet some new characters that will undoubtedly play a big part in the next book. With so much that changed in this book, I am curious to see how the next book will play out.Hallowed has all the things a great book should. It made me laugh, it made me cry, (yes, tears and all), and it made me angry at some points. I felt like my emotions were supercharged. I was very on edge a lot of the book, but totally in a good way. It was one of those page turners you don't want to put down. Once again, I will be highly anticipating the next installment. Cynthia Hand has completely wrapped me up in this story. This is a wonderful series and I need more!! 4.5 out of 5 stars!!