Shadows (A Lux Novella)

Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout It's no secret that Obsidian is pretty much my favorite book, so I had been dying to read Shadows. If you don't already know, this is the prequel novella to Obsidian. It blew my mind!!! I loved getting to know Dawson and Bethany. It also really gives you insight on why Daemon is such a douche in Obsidian towards Katy. This novella was everything I could have wanted and more. It was like a full course meal of emotions for me. It was full of some really hilarious lines that Jennifer does so well. I got a few of those funny looks when I just burst out laughing. There was swoon worthy moment, times when you feel like punching someone, and oh, the tears. Yup, JLA has done it again with making me feel every emotion while reading one of her books. Shadows is told through three POV's. Dawson, Bethany, and Daemon. I loved getting to know Dawson and Bethany along with them getting to know each other. You could feel them falling in love with each other. You could feel the tension from Daemon, and the other Luxen. You want so much for them to be happy and everything to have a happy ending. I really enjoyed getting to be inside Bethany's head. She is a very likable character. She is so sweet, and funny. Dawson is just totally swoon worthy. Okay so I know I have claimed that Daemon is my book boyfriend, and he is, but Dawson is just so caring and nice. He is almost nothing like Daemon at all, except when you make him angry. Then he is just as fiery as Daemon. Not someone I would want to make mad, that's for sure. Right from the first page I was completely hooked, and had to keep reading. Jennifer knows how to capture you with her writing. I loved how the relationship slowly progressed. It was a wonderful build up, which made the end even more devastating then it would have been anyways. Through the entire book I was either laughing, gripping my nook in anticipation, sighing and swooning, or crying. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this book. Now I am even more eager to get my hands on Onyx. I just need to dive back into this awesome world JLA has created for us. I think I need to read Obsidian again now after finishing Shadows. Can I give this like 5 million stars?....No, okay 5 out of 5!