The Liberator: The Collector 2 (Dante Walker)

The Liberator - Victoria Scott *Actual rating 4.5 stars.Whoa guys! This was fantastic! I loved the first book and was dying to read this one, and it totally lived up to my expectations. Dante may be working for the Big Guy upstairs now, but that didn't change his arrogant and snarky attitude at all. I loved that he was still himself, but improved a bit by the end of this. We get all sorts of craziness in this sequel too. There is so much going on, it's very fast paced and will keep you on edge the whole time! All the way up to the end. My goodness that ending!!Aspen is one tough chick!! She is totally off the wall, party girl, and doesn't give a crap about anything. Or at least that's how she comes off. She is like Dante in female form. Her and Dante are like two sides of a coin. She has some major inner demons and she acts the way she does because of it. She is used to being the center of attention, but she knows that people always want something from her. People don't care about her for her. That's what she thinks anyways. I really liked Aspen. As frustrated as I was that I thought she was going to lead Dante back down the wrong road when he was supposed to be saving her, she really was an awesome character, and I loved the change in her though the book.She really came a long way from the girl we first met.Charlie is a changed girl. Or so it seems, but she's really the same Charlie on the inside. She does some things that she normally wouldn't, but she's just testing things out and seeing if she can let go, be more like Dante. What I like the most about her is she is honest with herself. She knows that it's not her. She was always really strong to me, but she totally whips out the kick ass in this. I loved how brave and fearless she was when it came down to things. I also love how she sees the good in everyone, especially Dante. She has the ability to make him want to be good. She didn't really change much, but she definitely seemed more grown up and mature.It took me a while to remember why I loved Dante. I did remember that it took me a while in the first book, but I failed to see how that was possible. He seemed like the same old douch bag, arrogant, tool as he was. The thing is, that's just his personality. Besides that he is funny, tells it how it is, and he truly, really has a great heart! Once I got to see more of the sweet and charming Dante, I remember exactly why I loved him. He may be a jerk, but despite that, he is really great. I guess like Charlie, I am able to see the good in him. I would never want him to be any different. He really will do anything and everything for Charlie. Not just Charlie though. He really cares about all of the friends he has made and will fight for any of them. He was so against his assignment to liberate Aspen, but once he gets to know her, and realizes there is so much more to it than just a girl with a tainted soul, he really does care. She becomes important to him as a friend. I love that balance between total arrogant jerk, and fiercely loyal, good guy Dante.This was just such a fun and exciting book. I love the characters so much. I can easily fall into the story and their lives and feel all the feels that they do. The addition of Aspen, and then more of Max and Valery really made this book fantastic. I thought it was a well rounded cast of characters. I found myself holding my breath, laughing, crying, getting angry, and any other emotion you can think of, while reading this. Victoria Scott is so amazing at writing characters that seem real, and a story that is easy to get lost in. I am loving this series and am dying for more!!*An advanced copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I did not receive any compensation.