The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)

The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1) - M. Leighton Okay, this book left me reeling. I loved it so much. It brought out so many emotions!! Mostly, I had a huge dumb grin on my face for a lot of the book. I love it when a book does that to me. Along with that I felt so much of what the characters felt. This goes back and forth between Cami and Trick's POV so you really get into both of their heads, know what they are thinking, know what they are feeling. I was totally hooked from the first few pages and my love for this book continued to grow with each line I read. Cami is a great character. She is fun, smart, and entertaining. She's not stuck up and snobby even though her daddy is rich and well known. She is very down to earth, likes to hang out with her BFF, and is totally crushing on Trick. Can't blame the girl. He is so swoon worthy!! So anyways, she's not perfect, I mean she actually goes out of her way to try to be around Trick even though she has a boyfriend. (That her dad totally approves of and wants her to be with) I don't really care that he's not right for her and that they eventually end it, I think she goes beyond what is okay while she has a boyfriend. Onto Trick!! Where to even start? I pretty uch was already swooning over him in the first couple of pages. The only way to properly describe him is a few quotes. "The most amazing eyes I've ever seen are staring back at me. They are pale greenish-gray, rimmed in sooty lashes and filled with concern." "Against my will my eyes fly to his face. His smile has died to a lopsided grin that is devastation in its purest form." "Good God, he has dimples! I might die!" "And his chest! Dear God, those pecs are just begging for my fingers to dig right in." "His stomach completes the perfect package of his upper body. It's rippled like the surface of the lake when I drop a rock into it, every abdominal well-defined." Need I say more!! Okay, well now onto his personality. He is so sweet. Arrogant yes, a little mentally damaged from his own father too, but still he is amazingly awesome! He is very dedicated to his family which is a major turn on! He truly cares about Cami. He will do whatever he can to prove himself and make her happy. He even tries to stay away from her when he thinks that is the best decision even if it hurts him.Then we have Jenna and Rusty, their best friends. I loved Jenna. She is hilarious and a bit off the wall, but that makes her fun. She's a super awesome friend too. Rusty is much more observant than he would originally seem. He knows the real Trick. He knows when he is hurting, and he knows when to leave things alone, and when it's time to step in. Rusty and Jenna prove to be very important in Trick and Cami's relationship. Now onto what this book is all about. This is a beautiful story about how two seemingly different people can be brought together. (And also discover that they have more in common than they could have imagined) I'm not saying that things are perfect. There is always some type of obstacle in their way whether it be their own insecurities and reasons, or outside things trying to work against them. Trick is working for Cami's dad and he needs this job. He knows that he is supposed to stay away from Cami, but is she worth risking the job over? Something that is really, really important for him. Then there's Cami. She knows that Brent doesn't make her feel the way Trick does. He never will, but her father would never approve of her being with Trick, "the help". She knows that she needs to do what is right for her though. She knows that she needs Trick in her life. Even when things start to fall apart, she knows he is what she needs and wants in her life.I don't even really know what to say about this book except you should read it! I felt ALL the emotions. I was swooning, laughing, getting frustrated, and angry. And there were tears. Both happy and sad I think. It was like no matter how the world wanted to work against them, no matter what happens, you know they are meant to be together. You need them to be together. You hope and wish that everything will work out somehow!! Just writing this review makes me want to go back and read this again to relive it all. I loved how invested I was in the characters and their story. This was such a fantastic book!!