Transparent

Transparent - Natalie Whipple The thought of an invisible girl sounded really awesome to me. The thought of her father using her was disturbing to me and I needed to know more. This was an intriguing book to me. There are people with extra powers due to a certain drug that is now illegal. The concept was great, and I thought it was done pretty well. What I had a hard time with was a few of the characters. I thought that it was almost rushed through also, but I do understand that books tend to be that way sometimes so it's not like a million pages long.Okay so Fiona is invisible and her and her mother have run off. Her father wants to take things too far and she's not willing to do what he wants her to do. You don't defy him though whether you are family or not. She is at a new school with people she doesn't know and of course people know who she is and don't know what to think of her. She makes a few really great friends and is now welcome in their "pack". I liked that she was really worried about their well being and she didn't want to get too close, not because of her own walls, but because she didn't want them to become a target for her father. She did struggle with her own issues, but she really had a good heart and wanted to be a good person.There is a love interest, or two actually, but I'm not going to go into that. It is a part of the story, but honestly it was also more of a way to move the plot and the real stuff along. More than anything, she has friends and she likes it where she is. She doesn't want to run away from her problems. She wants to stay and stand up for herself and what is right. There are a few twists and things to keep this interesting too.The audio for me wasn't great and I was glad that I had a physical copy to fall back onto. I listened to most of it on audio and the narrator did a great voice for Fiona, but I cringed at some of the male voices, especially Carlos. That is one of the reasons that I was glad to switch to reading the book instead. I tend to be picky about how female narrators do male voices so that's just how I felt. It might not be as hard for other people to listen to.Overall I did really like the book though. I liked the whole super powers thing and the different people who were in charge of each area. I thought that it was creative, fun, and had quite a bit of action. It was explained well how people got their super powers too, which is very important to me. I don't like when there is no why to things. Most of the characters didn't really do much for me and they all were just kind of there, but I did like Fiona. This was an enjoyable book that I had fun reading and listening to.* A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review. I did not receive any compensation.