Level 2 (Memory Chronicles)

Level 2 - Lenore Appelhans I am counting this as read since I wasted 3 hours on it and read more than half. I am not however doing a complete review or giving it a rating. I am just going to tell you why it didn't work for me. I am not religious, so I don't tend to read books that are religious. I had no clue going into this that there would be so much talk of church, church camp, church choir, sinning, and angels. (Even though they aren't really good angels as far as I learned) I suppose I should have expected it to a point since it's a book about the afterlife, but it was just too much. Almost every thought or memory Felicia had was some church function or something with Neil. The concept of it was cool how Level 2 is like the holding ground between Earth and whatever comes next and how it's all a big conspiracy, but I just couldn't get past all the religious talk in it. Not to mention Felicia was not a character I could connect to at all. She was a total push over and it was like she couldn't ever make any decisions for herself and let everyone tell her what to do. I think a lot of people will like this, it just wasn't for me.