Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil - Not being a big fan of angel books I was really a bit hesitant to read this. If not for all the fabulous reviews from fellow bloggers, I don't know if I would have to be honest. Well, I am so glad that I did. This was fantastic. It was not your typical angel book at all. I loved how there were the Dukes for all of the different sins and that the nephilim had to "work". Like Kaidan has to engage in sexual acts since he is the son of the Duke of Lust. It is their to make the humans give in and commit these different sins. Only Anna isn't quite like them. Anna was an okay character to me, but I didn't love her. She totally fell for Kaidan way too quick and was easy to fall to pieces. She is tough, but still weak too. She is strong when it comes to controlling her draw to her sin and she is good at keeping her over sensitive powers (like hearing, smell, sight...) in check, but when it comes to anything that is emotional she really just loses it. I do get that she is a bit sensitive in that area, but OMG I wanted to just smack her at times and tell her to man up and stop freaking crying! I liked her humorous side though. She was really fun and most of the time put Kaidan in his place or at least kept him at arms length. Most of the time....Kaidan is the guy who it seems everyone who has read this is totally swooning over. Dude! I don't get it. Is it just me? I don't dislike him or anything, but he's not turning me to a puddle of goo. I thought he was an arrogant jerk. I like that he was up front with Anna, and I know that he is the son of lust and all that, but he is so hot and cold and it really just pissed me off. I mean I get where he is coming from. They can't be together, but it's obvious he cares for her. Blah, Blah, Blah. He was a total tool most of the time. Yes, he had some sweet moment, and some pretty hot moments, but he just doesn't do it for me. Every time I started to think I might start falling for him along with everyone else, he would do something to get me back in my right mind. By the end of the book I liked him, but I'm still not swooning. The other characters were so much fun! I really loved Patti. She is just so sweet and awesome. I loved that there was a parental figure that was a major part of the story too!! That always makes me happy. I also really liked the twins, Blake, and Kope. And who can forget about Jay. He is such an awesome BFF. I had a guy BFF kinda like him when I was in school. Anna's dad is pretty awesome too. He is quite intimidating and it is made very clear that he is someone to fear, but he cares for Anna so much and that makes him so likable despite any other things about him that may not seem so great. Overall I really enjoyed this book. I loved the whole idea of it all. It held my interest until I read the last words and left me wanting more! As I said before, I am not a big fan of angel books normally, but this one is a win!! Sweet Evil was definitely a book that exceeded my expectations and I am going to go insane with anticipation waiting for Sweet Peril!