Significance : A Significance Novel - Book One

Significance : A Significance Novel - Book One - shelly Crane I really enjoyed this book. The story is fantastic, the characters are great, and it moves at a great and sometimes fast pace. When I first started reading, I was a bit thrown off by the imprinting thing and thought. "Oh boy, here we go!", but I was pleasantly surprised about where the story went from there. It was much different than I initially thought. The only thing that I didn't like in fact, was the amount of errors in the book. There were a lot of them. Missing words, wrong words, etc. The good thing is, Shelly has written a great story that captured me, so I was able to overlook the errors in the book for the most part. The characters are really great. Maggie is very likable and real. I really felt connected to her. You really get to know her well since the book is from her PoV. You get to know what she's thinking and what she's seeing. Then there's Caleb. *sigh* Totally sweet, and super swoon worthy. You get to know Caleb really well too, since they are soul mates. I wasn't bothered by the gushy instant love with them because that's the way it is supposed to be. I was bothered by Kyle though. Seriously! He just annoyed me to no end. I know that he is supposed to come across that way, but I really wanted to jump into the book and be like, "Dude, what is your problem!! She's Caleb's soul mate, don't be such a tool about it! She never would have wanted you anyways! Ughh!" Okay, so yeah, sorry about that. I loved the whole Jacobson family (minus Kyle) though. They are are really fun, friendly, and caring. The characters were written really well, and I loved getting to know them. I really did feel a connection with them. There is a lot of things that Maggie has to learn, and honestly if it were me, I probably would have freaked. She takes everything relatively well, with only a few little breakdowns. I was worried that learning all about the life that Maggie now belongs to would feel like a major info dump, but it really didn't. You do find out a lot, but it seems like just the right amount so it's not overwhelming. Maggie knows that she will gain abilities now, and so do the Jacobson clans enemies. There has also not been an imprint in a very long time for any of the clans, and the Watson clan is super angry about it. They will try anything they can to get Maggie away from Caleb so they can't ascend. (that is what it is called when they get their abilities) There are some really tense situations, and I was really on edge and feeling Maggie and Caleb's pain when they were going through them. This was a great book. The characters are wonderfully written, it has great ups and downs, and there were no spots that felt too slow or boring to me. I want more Maggie and Caleb. I could do without Kyle, but he's there for a reason, and hopefully we will get to know more about him. (No matter how much he bothers me.) There's something not right about that boy besides his intense jealously and malicious behavior. Significance held my interest all the way through, and I am interested to see where the story will go. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. I would give it 4 stars if not for the errors in the book.