Beautiful Stranger

Beautiful Stranger - Christina Lauren After listening to and enjoying Beautiful Bastard, I was really looking forward to this one. What I really like about companion novels it that you get the story of new characters (or ones that were in the previous book, but you don't know much about), but still get other characters you already know in the story too. I really enjoyed the first book, but I think that I liked this one even more. I just really liked Sara and Max's story and how it all goes. I liked that he was a nice guy and not a total ass like Bennett was. In fact, Sara is the one who is a little off putting, but she has a good reason to be. This was fun and sexy book!!I really liked Sara. She has just left her longtime partner and moved to New York to work. She is reluctant to be with anyone after he cheated on her repeatedly and she wants a fresh start. She doesn't want to be the good housewife type. She wants to be spontaneous and be in control. What better way to do that then to have a fling in a night club with a stranger right?! I knew I was going to really like Sara right away after this. (not that I condone sex with strangers in nightclubs) Her inner dialogue was really great. Outwardly, she comes across as confident and knows what she's doing, but inside she is wondering WTF she is actually doing since this is so unlike her. As she and Max continue with their sex only arrangement, she realizes that she wants more than that, but doesn't know if he does. She really grew as a character to me as she slowly let the past be the past and was able to let her walls down and try to let Max in.Max was someone who I thought would be the sexy playboy, but he actually wasn't. No, he may not be innocent, but he was really great with Sara. It has been a long time since he has been in love, and he's reluctant to let anyone in either, but when he is with Sara he can't help but want to be with her. More than just the sex, he genuinely does care about her. He never came across as a player to me. His intentions always seemed really clear. I do see how Sara wouldn't quite see it, but it was pretty obvious to me. He was never anything but awesome to her. I easily fell for Max.The romance was sexy!! Off the charts hot. They have this thing about having sex in places that are public or easy to get caught. That's more really Sara's wants ten his though. She sets the rules that they only get together once a week, somewhere public, for sex only. No dates, no beds, nothing that makes it seem like more than it is. Except they both are falling for each other and this arrangement starts to be hard. I really liked how they did get to know each other though. It seems totally backward how they do it, but still, I thought that it was believable how they really fall for each other.This book has plenty of sexy times in it, but it also has a great story. I really loved getting to know Sara and Max and why they are both trying to stay away from a relationship. And the narrators I thought were fantastic. At first I was a bit thrown off by the dual narration, but it did grow on me. Grace Grant was great as Sara and she was able to really made her seem real. Jonathan R. Cole I thought was great for Max too. I loved his accent and he was pleasant to listen to. Great story, great characters, and fabulous narration!! I really enjoyed this.*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review. I did not receive any compensation.