Insurgent (Divergent Series #2)

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) - This is the way sequels should be!! It jumps back in where Divergent ended. I really don't know how to go about this review because honestly I don't know what to say. There is so much I want to say, but can't. I want to just gush about this book. Did I love this as much as I loved Divergent? No, I didn't. Did I still absolutely love it? Definitely!! The pacing in this one is done very well. I loved that we get a lot of great action and then it slows back down to let you catch your breath and think about the things that just happened. I really like Tris, but in this one she kind of bothered me with some of her stupidity. I know she is just trying to do what she thinks she should, but she does some dumb things. She really does start to find herself and I guess she has to do some stupid things in order to get to that point. Then there is Four. (I can't make myself call him Tobias.) I know that there is a lot going on and some major personal things with him, but I really think he was kind of a jerk at some times when it wasn't necessary. I suppose when there is a war of factions looming your thoughts may not be where they should be though, so I can excuse their behavior. By the end I totally loved them again. The ending I know came as a shock to a lot of people, but honestly, I kind of expected something like that. Not specifically that, but some variation of it. I wish it could have taken me by surprise, but it really didn't. It was an excellent set up for the next book though and has me absolutely dying to know what will happen now. Overall this book was a great follow up to Divergent. I liked to see Tris trying to find herself while really she was losing herself. If that makes any sense. I also liked getting to know more about Four and his background. It was great to get to know about the other factions headquarters too. I am not really doing this review any justice I don't think, so I am just going to stop. I don't really want to say anything about the book, because you just need to read it and experience it yourself. I really loved this book. Maybe not as much as most people, but it was fantastic and I will be highly anticipating the next book.